Scorpion Roller Rockers 1.6
    Crower Cam 472 112 seperation
    Chetah Shifter
    Performer RPM Intake
    Carter Electronic Fuel Pump
    Accel Eletronic Dizzy

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Joshua View Post
    I need some motivation and some warm weather.
    Would someone care to donate?
    Longer days are coming and spring is around the corner. You can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Mr J, you are the neatest guy. As you said once, "real people do real things, and have integrity".

You've been busy looking after your job, your clients, your house, your beloved. Your works to date prove your brilliance. A car can take a little while longer. Sometimes life intersects on a really good plan. Your work is just kick butt good. Sorry about the hero worhship, I should just give you a hazing instead, but fact is, you've improved on greatness dynamically, visually, and with the best engine Ford ever made. See my posts on 351W's

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...89#post1773589
    [QUOTE=xctasy;1773589]For those of us here who have Falcons with 351's, sorry for the Laugh out load funny orientation. NAVYCAT, that's you.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...95#post1723595

The cure for Massholes Permafrost?

I hate to be obtuse, and sorry about the metrics, but I've sent some 84.38°F warmth form from Gisbourne, New Zealand for you. http://www.metservice.com/national/home.

If I send it from my hometown in Its coming from Dunedin, in the the Roaring Fordies (45th Parallel) at the speed of sun rise, it'll only be 80 in the shade at best. Its only doing 600 mph or so.

http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/dat...s/robert1.html

Should be there in a day or so...

This thread is nearly 10 years old!
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    Mr J, you are the neatest guy. As you said once, "real people do real things, and have integrity".

You've been busy looking after your job, your clients, your house, your beloved. Your works to date prove your brilliance. A car can take a little while longer. Sometimes life intersects on a really good plan. Your work is just kick butt good. Sorry about the hero worhship, I should just give you a hazing instead, but fact is, you've improved on greatness dynamically, visually, and with the best engine Ford ever made. See my posts on 351W's

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...89#post1773589
    Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    For those of us here who have Falcons with 351's, sorry for the Laugh out load funny orientation. NAVYCAT, that's you.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...95#post1723595

The cure for Massholes Permafrost?

I hate to be obtuse, and sorry about the metrics, but I've sent some 84.38°F warmth form from Gisbourne, New Zealand for you. http://www.metservice.com/national/home.

If I send it from my hometown in Its coming from Dunedin, in the the Roaring Fordies (45th Parallel) at the speed of sun rise, it'll only be 80 in the shade at best. Its only doing 600 mph or so.

http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/QQ/dat...s/robert1.html

Should be there in a day or so...
    Those are surely motivational words!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by grabbergreen84 View Post
    This thread is nearly 10 years old!
    And still going!
    Last edited by Mr Joshua; 02-15-2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Web browser is acting funky.
    83 GT w/ T-Tops (JeffCleaned)
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

I was wondering if you could get me understand how you did your hydro boost set up. You have your high pressure running from you ps pump to hydro boost. Then you have two line coming off hydro boost to the rack one high, one low pressure. But from your picture the one coming off the hydro boost run to a box under the frame rail an connect. Then two more line run off the box to the rack. What is the box for an also how did you run your low pressure back. From everything I have found they can either be t in together or run a ps pump off a 96 F250 diesel truck that has the same pump as a fox with exception of another nipple in reservoir to run low pressure directly back to. Thanks for you help!!

See post #1 in the thread below for a plumbing diagram. Note that some of the fittings are incorrect. I would only use this sketch for a map of how to plumb the hoses.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/45-ford...s-updated.html

Any standard PS pump will work with the hydraboost.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

Jack I am going off the same diagram as you have in post one. I have high pressure line off ps pump to hydro boost,high pressure from hydro boost to bottom first port on rack, low pressure top port of rack to ps pump an low pressure off hydro boost to ps pump. I was just wondering how Josh did his return because I don't see an low pressure line from the hydro boost to power steering pump. If there a different way to do it would help me clean up my engine bay an clear my downpipes for my turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by 331turbo View Post
    Iwas wondering if you could get me understand how you did your hydro boost setup. You have your high pressure running from you ps pump to hydro boost. Thenyou have two line coming off hydro boost to the rack one high, one low pressure.But from your picture the one coming off the hydro boost run to a box under theframe rail an connect. Then two more line run off the box to the rack. What isthe box for an also how did you run your low pressure back. From everything Ihave found they can either be t in together or run a ps pump off a 96 F250diesel truck that has the same pump as a fox with exception of another nipplein reservoir to run low pressure directly back to. Thanks for youhelp!!

This picture helps explain how I routed the lines.

The orangeline in my setup doesn’t exist as the pump contains the reservoir.
    The “box” is an adjustable power steering valve and allows me to adjust the pressure by bleeding some to the low pressure return line before it hits the large cooler.
    http://www.heidts.com/part/adjustable-power-steering-valve-ps-101/
    The cooler helped significantly reduce the increased temperatures I saw when mounting the power steering pump directly to the head with the A/C delete bracket.
    The rest is exactly how it is laid out in the diagram with the exception of the fittings as Jack noted are not correct. I had not sat down to compile the changes I made and I feel the information is somewhat lost to time. This thread contains a majority of the information on the changes I made to the car but not all of them. I do have dreams of consolidating and putting down all the information at some point.
    I would start re-reading the thread starting at post # 1055 on page 43.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?36959-Work-in-progress-on-the-83-Mustang-T-Top-Hatch/page43
    I’ll try to check in on this thread more, I just need to set aside time to actually think about working on the car and updating the thread. Time is rare these days as I work a fair amount during the week, along withfamily time, etc..
    Last edited by wraithracing; 09-29-2017 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Text Color
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

I still have this project and am in discussions with a well known local shop to potentially finish or at least get it drivable again so it can be enjoyed.
    I have honestly swayed back and forth from finishing it to selling it to trading it for something else.
    I don't think there are any real good options. I just haven't made a choice, yet..
    Maybe some motivational words here would sway my decision one way or another.
    Lets here what the F.E.P. community has to say.
    Thank you!
    ~Joshua M.
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

Sell it. I’ll give you a buck.

In all honesty - you need to get it back out on the road and enjoy all the work that’s already been put into it.

If you get rid of it you’ll regret it long term.

There’s no shame in taking a break. Everyone gets burned out after a while.

JT
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

sounds complicated.....

I would recommend doing what has to be done to get it back on the road. Drive it and enjoy it and then make a decision. If you don't enjoy it after its running and driving then you may want to consider selling it. Hopefully the enjoyment of driving it will seal the deal and make you want to keep it.

I know you have put a ton of time, $$$, and labor into the car and no one will appreciate all of that the way you will. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

It is easy to get dismayed on a project when you spend all your time working on it and no time enjoying the fruits of your labor. Get the car back on the road, enjoy your accomplishments. You have done an outstanding amount of work and I for one would like to see you re-energized and watch where your car goes from here.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Its an Orange IRS Windsor 351 Fox body. Its been stiffened, and it avoids the normal scenario of Fox V8 351 death.... chassis bending, roll over steer, and over cookin' it on 9 " rims with sticky rubber.

You cannot sell it.

Do Minimum, and drive it.

If clients are gonna see it, and your too proud to slum it in that manner, then do the full Exorcism, and don't hold back.

The basics are so right on this car. Everyting is text book, well executed and some real basic energy has been applied to the machine.

Your isues, IMHO, are the normal Thinking Technical Persons Curse...that "the grass is greener in the other paddock".

Sure, you could ditch it, and by another car that does all that and a bad of crinkle cut chips for 8 ground. Ecomics 101 says the rolling 14 year old Detriot Performance car, an SN 98 New Edge from 2004 with a Modular 32, would do everything your 83 does cheeper.

But it wouldn't be a T roofed IRS 351 Four eyed Fox.

Joshua,

I just started working on my Fox Mustang about a year ago, after a very long period of not running. I was going through the center console to remove it for some wiring changes. Doing this, I found a gas receipt from the last week that the car was running under its own power. The receipt is dated 4/2004! In that time period I've had to move the car from house to house three times. You shouldn't give up, I'm not.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hidley View Post
    Joshua,

You shouldn't give up, I'm not.
    Neither am I. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...85-notch-build

Carry on Mr. Joshua. Get it done and drive the H#LL outta it!

I'm the poster boy for hanging on and not giving up on a project. Currently I've had my 79 for 28.5 years and will be getting it out for my very first drive soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Joshua View Post
    I still have this project and am in discussions with a well known local shop to potentially finish or at least get it drivable again so it can be enjoyed.
    I have honestly swayed back and forth from finishing it to selling it to trading it for something else.
    I don't think there are any real good options. I just haven't made a choice, yet..
    Maybe some motivational words here would sway my decision one way or another.
    Lets here what the F.E.P. community has to say.
    Thank you!
    ~Joshua M.
    Have been following this thread since 2010... checking in... tell us the good news that you still have the car!
    Mark

1986 GT Hatchback (2R): 5spd, TFS FAC 170s, TFS Stage 2 Cam, Vortech SQ S-Trim, MM Suspension, SN95 5-lug conversion w/Fox 5-lug rear axles, 3.73's, 13" / 11.65" brakes, Moates QuarterHorse
    '88 LX 5.0
    '22 GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Quikk86 View Post
    Have been following this thread since 2010... checking in... tell us the good news that you still have the car!
    Yes I still have the car and i seem to have more motivation lately..
    Might be from all my friends prodding me into motion.
    We'll see if it develops into full blown motion this spring.
    Cross your fingers.
    ~Joshua M.
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

Just to prove that I still have the car and that work has resumed.

I'll see what I can do about providing a more timely update as work on the project increases.
    ~Joshua M.
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

Awesome! You may have to post a pic or two of current status
    Mark

1986 GT Hatchback (2R): 5spd, TFS FAC 170s, TFS Stage 2 Cam, Vortech SQ S-Trim, MM Suspension, SN95 5-lug conversion w/Fox 5-lug rear axles, 3.73's, 13" / 11.65" brakes, Moates QuarterHorse
    '88 LX 5.0
    '22 GT500

This great news for the progress! Very happy to see this car again!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

Glad to hear the progress. Good luck with it! Been watching this thread since ‘08
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy60 View Post
    Move to the Bahamas
    That would be nice!
    1993 triple white GT
    2004 AZ Mach 1
    2003 zinc yellow Cobra
    1983 410 Windsor tko 500

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast