Close

FEP Senior Member

Default Question about fuelie tanks

I'm gonna finally swap "a real motor" into the Granada wagon. My question is, can I use an '85/'86 Ltd wagon tank and install a Mustang pump? I'll deal with the sender and guage after its running. I just can't have any down time on the car right now, so I need to do this as a weekend thrash. Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by lightning95sc View Post
    I'm gonna finally swap "a real motor" into the Granada wagon. My question is, can I use an '85/'86 Ltd wagon tank and install a Mustang pump? I'll deal with the sender and guage after its running. I just can't have any down time on the car right now, so I need to do this as a weekend thrash. Chuck
    As you seem to be aware this has been discussed before. The 84-86 CFI LTD/Marquis wagon tank is a bolt in in your Granada as well as in any 78-81 F/Z. However due to the design of the tank and its internal baffling you need to use a pump/sender assembly for this tank (ie for a 84-86 CFI LTD/Marquis wagon, the Mustang assembly will not fit). But this assembly uses a low pressure pump with a high pressure external pump. The low pressure pump can be swapped out for a high pressure one. Ill try to find the link to the previous thread where this was discussed with all the gory details.

Paul
    1978 Mercury Zephyr 4-dr / Holley 600 vac sec carbed 1989 5.0L HO with Edelbrock Performer intake / MSD-6A / T-5 / 8.8" rear 3.27:1 / Mustang 5.0L brakes, suspension, steering / Dual exhaust / Mustang 10 hole wheels / P225/60R15 Goodyear Eagle TR

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=wagon+tank

Scroll down to 'Futura Guy's' post on how he used a Camaro pump in the LTD/Marquis wagon assembly.

Paul
    1978 Mercury Zephyr 4-dr / Holley 600 vac sec carbed 1989 5.0L HO with Edelbrock Performer intake / MSD-6A / T-5 / 8.8" rear 3.27:1 / Mustang 5.0L brakes, suspension, steering / Dual exhaust / Mustang 10 hole wheels / P225/60R15 Goodyear Eagle TR

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=wagon+tank

Scroll down to 'Futura Guy's' post on how he use a Camaro pump in the LTD/Marquis wagon assembly.

Paul

FEP Senior Member

You're correct, Paul, I am well aware that this was discussed before. At the moment though I can't find it in my archives( I printed the whole thread out). Thanks for the info and quick research to find the thread, I greatly appreciate it. Chuck