Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by futurexdesign View Post
    My Blauplunkt slid right in. The biggest problem you might run into is the fact that the hole in the dash is designed for a reverse DIN radio, where the faceplate is behind the hole. If your radio has a large face plate, you may have interferance issues, its really a hit and miss sort of deal.

Believe it or not.. you get better at taking the factory radios out with practice. I can get them out fairly quick now that I've done it about 6 or so times.

I'm not sure what the deal is with my radio, I had the same radio in both my 86's, not the same model, I pulled the radio out of one car to put in the other, both time the car still had the stock radio, on one the radio went in smooth, on the asc it was a PITA
    Kyle
    1986 ascMclaren #105, grey w/ black stripes 1 of 1
    2000 Ranger 4x4 Off Road 4.0L
    2000 Camry V-6 5 speed manual
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiesaysrelax View Post
    Sounds like you might have made them make brown rice in their underwear.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aku_81 View Post
    Why did you buy silver cd-player? or did you had it before? If i had to buy cd-player to my car iŽd buy black, but i have used i had in my ex-daily so silver here too, maybe some day black, maybe alpine....
    My wife bought it for my birthday and I wanted to return it for a black one. However, the store where she bought it only carried the silver faceplates. I went to all the other stores around here and they were all silver too. After finding that out the hard way (driving around for a couple of hours), I decided to keep it.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

try finding black with orange/amber lights. I ended up taking radio apart and paint face black

Quote Originally Posted by dilling View Post
    try finding black with orange/amber lights. I ended up taking radio apart and paint face black
    My brothers Sony deck is orange/red backlit with mostly black face, maybe a touch of silver.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Mine happens to have red backlighting on all the switches.. the screen is backlight in blue.. but it doesnt stand out as bad as one would think.

(WARNING... REALLY BAD PHOTO..)

moral of the story? There are red/orange backlight radios available
    It puts the ATF in the T5... IT DOES AS IT'S TOLD!!!!!

They do make a kit out there for the early four eyes makes life alot easier. in my first car i made a metal beauty plate to go around the deck before you slid in into the square hole after you cut the knob holes out.
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Mine went in my 86 without any cutting and the original radio was there when installed.
    83 GT Turbo

FEP Member

The SVO came with a Sony Xplod cd head unit I believe. It is backlighted in green. I like green, but it looks so out of place with the SVO's red lit dash I can't stand driving it at night. Atleast it fits ok.
    01 F250 Lariat SC 4x4 and it's paid for. Still loving the V10

Talking Put in a remote CD player

I put a Clarion AM/FM cassette in my 85 back in '87. What a major pain! Now that I'm going to put the 85 back on the road I'm going to install a remote CD changer/player in the trunk (probably) and avoid all the hassle of pulling out the radio again!
    '85 Mustang GT Convertible, Jalapeno Red, Charcoal Int., Black Top, 5.0 H.O., 4 bbl , 5 speed, No AC, All original except for 8.8 Motorsport rr w/3.55 gears & subframe connectors. Owned since 'August 86. 1 of 574.

Wink

I put a Sanyo cassette AM/FM in my 84 Capri RS back in the day when it was new. And I had to trim the opening with a file. I would assume that all retrofits with non-Ford units going into the Fox dash required trimming. Don't consider yourself abnormal for trimming the dash.

I found THIS JVC deck with red lights for my '84. Hopefully I'll get that wired up soon an everything'll be wonderfull.

My friend had a Clarion put in one of his cars that had multiple backlighting choices. You could toggle through Green, blue, yellow, red, etc. I remember thinking that one of the orangey-reds would be an excellent match in an 84-86 dash.
    86 GT vert
    86 LX vert
    86 coupe

2 things come to mind...CD's don't like G forces. and My car had a trim piece around the radio/cassette that almost fits the new radio/cassette that I put in without trimming anything. (supertuner) I prefer not to cut the dash as I don't need CDs anyway. My only need is a modern radio(?) that fits,has the greenish glow,and speakers to make it sound good when the exhaust is 'on the pipe'. No subwoofer need apply. I wish I had my old Alpine..it was the best!!

Default radio

i made an aluminum piece to fit in there...looks good in my opinion

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/photoPos...user=4741&sl=b
    82 Mustang GT
    T5, 8.8
    Holley 650
    Performer 289
    BBK Shorties & H-Pipe
    Waiting for a Foureyed of the month vote!!!

Current Project: 1980 Project Green Machine

1999 Ford Taurus SHO DD

Quote Originally Posted by v8only View Post
    yes, the 84+ have the newer opening for modern non knob radio's. it should fit with NO trimming. (unless you're twister of course )
    my cousins mid year 84 has the old style dash.
    1986 Mustang LX Coupe 5.0TT Megasquirt'n'Spark--Sold
    1987 Merkur XR4Ti -Poly suspension bits-tubular header-holset H1c-custom intake-alky injection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12