Close

FEP Power Member

Default 2 eletrical plugins on firewall

hey hows it going, i am wondering if anybody knows what the 2 eletrical plugins are that are on the firewall of my 85 mustang gt. its just a bracket mounted on the firewall right behind the passenger side valve cover, and has 2 plugins on it but it also has those plastic tubes coming out of it. reason i ask is because when i tried to start my car tonight i just had a loud clicking sound coming out of there, and now no way will my engine turn over now, it just keeps clicking, so i needed to know what that is or whats in behind it cause i think its causeing my car not to start. thanks

SleeperGT

I've got some unused connectors on my firewall too.. but have you checked your solenoid? When its cooked, it clicks loudly. Only $17 at canadian tire too

Default Re: 2 eletrical plugins on firewall

Quote Originally Posted by hotpony
    I am wondering if anybody knows what the two electrical plug-ins are that are on the firewall of my '85 Mustang GT. It's just a bracket mounted on the firewall right behind the passenger side valve cover, and has two plug-ins on it but it also has those plastic tubes coming out of it.
    That should be the TAB (Thermactor Air Bypass) and TAD (Thermactor Air Diverter) solenoids.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags