Close

Default Another Predator....

I already questioned the 85 GT bumper cover on another forum where he posted his ad and link...no response yet but he claims it is unrestored.

Looks nice but it seems to me there are a few things added on and he throws around that it's a "Cobra" all over the place....I don't know much history about these cars but the ad leaves some doubts for me about his information and it's accuracy...Still appears to be a nice car but the last Predator on Ebay didn't fare too well so he has his work cut out for himself...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
    My cars: Too many to list....I need shock therapy...

It may be unrestored, but it is definitely not "all original" anymore.

-Mike

SleeperGT

Pretty much the 79-84 style rubstrips w/ the 85 GT bumper up front is a giveaway.. what about the body matched paint in the tail lights? Thought they were black in 83-84.. And im no expert, but that hood scoop looks like a 82GT one, not a shelby one like the seller says. Seller is using the
    "shelby" name as a selling point.. big time.

Original or not, its pretty damn clean!

Clean cars =
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

SleeperGT

Oh yeah, I wouldn't care if it was just a run of the mill hatch car that someone started tinkering on. But when you start saying its an all original 84 Predator and there's obvious differences is what starts taking away from the whole package. But it is mucho clean

FEP Super Member

That car is pretty close to me so if anyone wants me to look at it I will.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

If my memory serves the Predators had "Predator" in large letters about 4" or 5" tall on the lower section of the door below the rub / door bumper strip. This one has a GT 302 on just the rocker. I'm no expert on these but it doesn't seem right to me either. I wonder if there is a registry or club for them?
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

It's not the correct front end if it's an '84 and that certainly is no '65 Shelby hood scoop. Other than that, it appears to be in amazing shape.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

I still have an add that I cut out of the paper back in 1985 of one of them cars for sale. It was only 1 year old and I think they wanted 15 grand for it back then. I will see if I can find it and scan the pic.
    A bunch of 85gt's

FEP Member

correct or not that is a good looking car. It would be amazing with the correct nose on it, or at least matching trim on the rest of the car.

Giving me ideas on how to do my 86

BTW, am i the only freak tracking these cars? Whenever I see a post about one in an add, I always save all of the pictures along with the VIN.
    anyone else do that? I've been doing it with the predators, dominators, twister II's and other 'notable' foxes.

Please post some pics in your gallery I am also very interested in the Predator cars.

Lee

ad removed