Close

Hybrid View

pacecar4moe

Default weber carb for pacecar 2.3 turbo

Hello all
    I have been given a weber progressive 32/36 downdraught carb it is a high performance model made by redline.The carb appears to be very similar to the original carb just better airflow and more adjustment options.Is anyone familiar with these carbs and have any suggestions for jets emulsion tubes and the like? The carb fits with no adapters and mechanically is compatible just need some help on tuning it into the turbo motor.The stock carb jets and emulsion tubes look to be compatible with the weber i was wondering if i should just intall those items and give it a shot any opinions or experience with the weber here?Also any info for good performance enhancments while still staying with the factory style setup would be greatly appreciated.Take care all.

Well here is my extent of knowledge on this- I have been told from numerous sources that the stock Motorcraft 5200 is a mix of the Holley 5200 and the Weber carb you just bought. To confirm it, look at your carb, then look at a true Holley 5200. You can see the similarities of each carb. The Weber you have should bolt right on to the emission spacer no problem. I would say put it on and adjust it out to your engine's needs.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

19 Years of Foureyedpride.com

pacecar4moe

Default thanks for the info

thanks for the info cant wait to get the motor back in and start tuning

Basically you are replacing your carburetor with the exact same thing, only better. I have seen pictures of your carburetor and the similarities between it and the Motorcraft 5200 are many. You should notice a little more snappiness with the Weber.
    86 Mercury Capri GS 2.3L
    11 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L
    10 Ford Focus SE 2.0L

19 Years of Foureyedpride.com

The Holley 5200 is a licensed version of the Weber 32/36 (you'll find "Licensed by Weber" in the fuel bowl), except it has smaller venturies (24/26 if i remember well).

Beware, there are different versions of the 32/36, mostly linkage orientation.
    '79 Pace Car 5.0 (well 4.2 until better days)
    '80 Capri 2.3 (sold ) - '79 Hatchback 2.3 (sold ) - '80 Notchback 3.3 (junk yard )