Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Next time let's keep the buying and selling in the classifieds or PMs/E-mails/etc. Please let's keep it out of the rest of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis
    Next time let's keep the buying and selling in the classifieds or PMs/E-mails/etc. Please let's keep it out of the rest of the forums.
    This wasn't started as an intent to sell....only a "check this out" since it was a low mileage car. I had full intentions today or tomorrow to list a classified add for it in the proper area but it didn't work out that way.

Sorry if it was out of line, I just didn't want a discussion thread in the classified area so I guess it's kind of a catch 22...
    My cars: Too many to list....I need shock therapy...

Sorry, this was a special case for me at least. Won't happen again.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

New User

The great thing about cars like this is that they are around still so when I get ready one day to buy one all I will need is cash...

beautiful SVO

silversvo

Quote Originally Posted by J-n-R
    The great thing about cars like this is that they are around still so when I get ready one day to buy one all I will need is cash...

beautiful SVO
    These cars are actually getting more expensive and are getting harder to find in good condition... You can get the cheap ones that are a in need of a lot of work, or spend the cash and find the one like this on in the topic... trust me I know as I been buying them in bad condition and putting them back together. I noticed you were in sugarland, if you want an SVO, let me know as I might have one going on the market soon to buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by silversvo

These cars are actually getting more expensive and are getting harder to find in good condition...
    I couldnt agree with this any more. Its amazing how much of a strong following these cars have gotten over the years. Gone are the days when you could get a low-mileage driver for $2500-$3000. Thats why I figured I would grab a couple now while they still seem to be reasonable.

Here is a pic of my '85. This car is a nice driver but will need some paint sometime down the road:

And this is my '86 which was previously V8ized and in the process of being parted before it was saved. It is a very solid sunroof and bi-wing delete car. I have a drivetrain from an '88 turbocoupe I am in the process of getting ready to put into it.

'79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

Yes I think the really low mileage examples are going to be harder to find as time goes by. I will drive this new one some but it won't be a daily driver or even see rain if I can help it. I have finally decided to let my 1B 85.5 go to make room for this new one. A deal has already been started and it will be going to a very good home. It is also all original with only 74,000 miles. My 7B 86 is in process of a total resto and the 4E Hertz will get a complete resto someday as well. I would like to have an 84 to make it a complete set but I'll have to stick with what I have and try not to buy any more...
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P
    ... I'll have to stick with what I have and try not to buy any more...
    Good luck. I havent quite figured out how to do that yet.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '17 F250

silversvo

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P
    I would like to have an 84 to make it a complete set but I'll have to stick with what I have and try not to buy any more...
    Well, I would love to have your 1B and then I would have a complete set of SVOs not all the same color, or options, but one of every year. Then I can go and fall off the world by spending the rest of my life restoring them to a prestine condition and pray that the value of these cars increase(not like I would sell any of them)... I really like the collection I have now as it is a variety of rare, odd and common SVO cars.

If you can find an SVO under 100K on the odometer... sure enough the penny gets a lot prettier as I have noticed.

[quote="gregpro50"]
    Quote Originally Posted by silversvo
    Your rear tire needs air.

Brian
    --Brian
    '86 SVO 1C Comp Prep - work in progress
    '92 2.3T hatch, heavily modded - totalled by hit-and-run, RIP

The funny thing is that I pulled it for 45 minutes with just the front up on a tow dolly. I cant believe it held on until I got it home. I had a spare but couldnt change it because it had lug locks on it and no key so I would have be screwed if the tire let go.

This is another pic of when I first got it:

'79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '17 F250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12