Close

Default Estimated Value Question 84GT350 Turbo

First off I am not sure a question like this is allowed, if not please let me know and I will either remove or alter my post to fit guidelines.

I am thinking about selling the above car but dont know what its value might be. It is 100% complete if a little dissasembled. Mostly interior but it does not run either.

The drivers door has been replaced, the engine looks like it gave the engine bay a bath of oil at one point in its life. And there is some minor body damage.

On the plus side, it is an Anny, it is a turbo and it is relativly rare as far as the annys go.

Make no mistake it would be a project for the buyer if sold. My delimea is would she bring what I have in it?

any one seen a car like this in this condition and what it might sell for? Ball park is fine just need an idea to determine if I want to sell or not.

thanks, Thomas
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

Assuming it is fairly solid, I think it would only be worth $800-$1500 in the condition described.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

Quote Originally Posted by gregpro50
    Assuming it is fairly solid, I think it would only be worth $800-$1500 in the condition described.
    She is very solid, the only thing I know of is a broken passengers side back window and missign the cover for the scoop opening that faces the windshield.

Do you think this might change things if it was a bonded title. Meaning for the next three years there would be a bond against it?

Of for that mater a Bill of Sale only?
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

Jeez, I would think that would even make it worth less to someone.

Why would it have a bond on the title of that car?

A bill of sale only would make it worth as much as it would sell for as a parts car. Say $500-$800.

There are still ways to get titles if a car doesnt come with one but it costs a few hundred dollars.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

Yeah title issues probably cut the value in half.

You're looking at a parts car if you can't get a title (or at best a track only car).

Edit: Not advocating that it really is a parts car. Just that OTHER people will see it as such. Title issues are such a headach most buyers will simply find something else.

-Mike

Jeez, I would think that would even make it worth less to someone.

Why would it have a bond on the title of that car?
    Long story.. readers digest version... Guy I bought it from never titled it. I only got a BOS as he calimed to have lost the paperwork. (owned the car for 8 years) I have had to file for a bonded title. All but turned in the paperwork and decided I have no time or interest in building this car as I have a running anny and have move on to other makes and styles to play with.

So I either file bonded title paperwork and store this thing for the next three years, or pass it along to someone else. Bond stays on for three years from what I am told. Not willing to take a loss so it all depends on estimated sales price. Given all the information the price range you gave me would work. But nothing lower...
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

A bill of sale only would make it worth as much as it would sell for as a parts car. Say $500-$800.

There are still ways to get titles if a car doesnt come with one but it costs a few hundred dollars.
    In texas its called a bonded title. If the "owner " on file contests the ownership he can take you to court to get the car back. There is a time limit on it so most people will do this when they begin a restoraton as the time will pass as the car is being restored.

The "bond" will come off when the time is up and no one can contest the ownership at that point.

I have not filed paperwork myself as the 200 plus appraisal fees are more than I am willing to spend right now. Unless it makes enough of a difference in the sales price then I'd do it.

at least that is how I unerstnd it.
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

Blog Entries

Without the title, the value of the car is only a few hundred bucks. I went through the hassle of getting a title for my Turbo RS and don't think I'll ever willingly do that crap again. Title issues kill the value of a car for someone, especially if it's a project car. If you want a chance at getting anything out of the car, you'll need to pursue the paperwork for it.

Even without a title, I would go 400-800 on any roller.

A title can be had fairly easily from certain states as long as the Vin is not hot.

Little side observation, the header is wrong for it to be an Anny. The Grill and Light Surrounds should not be black but White.

What does the Buck tag say?

Either way its still a Turbo 2.3 and worth it to someone.
    84.5 5.0 5spd Non-Air T-top AE
    84.5 2.3 Turbo 5spd w/Air T-Top AE
    03 Mach 1

Travis T

I had an Anny blacked out like that. It had been repaired, as he said this car had, so that is probably when the headlights and grill got blacked out.

Quote Originally Posted by rnjstel
    Little side observation, the header is wrong for it to be an Anny. The Grill and Light Surrounds should not be black but White.

What does the Buck tag say?
    Its an ANN car... I have two others in my collection one can be seen in the background of the photos...

SOME PO either blacked them out or they were done with the repaint to replace the door.

But like you said, its a turbo either way.
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

I paid $600 for mine. The engine compartment was a disaster and completely dissasembled when I got it and the parts were in the hatch.

I did get the title with mine too.

Hope that helps. I hope the car goes to someone who's willing to go through the extra effort of getting a new title.
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

if only it had a florida title i could get you a new one in your name tomorrow, with little hassle, i'v never heard of a bonded title, here, posession is 9/10ths of the law

all you gotta do is a title search and get your buddies to sign a couple of names on a green piece of paper for ya and it's yours!!!! they will even notarize it at the dmv,

$200 inspection for what?????

i would cost me probably 45bux to walk out with a new tag and title
    Having no ASCII art is NOT cool

The car was a California Car. Anyone know anything about their system?
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

got only knows what those car-nazis require...............

i'll give you 1000 shipped for it!!!! 33637

Quote Originally Posted by black86capri50
    got only knows what those car-nazis require...............

i'll give you 1000 shipped for it!!!! 33637

\

Very tempting, but I wold not want to pay for shipping to anywhere.

Tempting, but Right now trying to determine its value to either see if I want to sell or keep. Ultimatly, most likely, leading to a sale.
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

Hooptie

If theres a'sellin' going on here, I'll move it to the cars for sale forum.

Just a heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooptie
    If theres a'sellin' going on here, I'll move it to the cars for sale forum.

Just a heads up!
    thats funny because that is where it started out being posted...
    1984.5 GT350 convertible
    86 SVO Black
    86 SVO Silver

sorry hooptie, it was a rhetorical offer, meant as a joke as i was sure he would refuse it!!

Hooptie

ah indeed.

Just upholding the rules.