Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exactly the reason why Ricers are trash

http://www.wgal.com/news/9174893/det...0741&qs=1;bp=t

So this year they have the "import custom" show added to Carlisle show season. Read the story, it shows the true trash associated with them.

Carlisle has hosted and been the automotive enthustiasts meeca since the 70's with almost zero to no problems.

They are real class.
    84.5 5.0 5spd Non-Air T-top AE
    84.5 2.3 Turbo 5spd w/Air T-Top AE
    03 Mach 1

It's the demographics.

Pull together any group of 16-25 year olds and watch what bad things happen....ricers or not.

Carlisle typically appeals to an older (and yes, more mature) crowd.

-Mike

FEP Member

Hey now, I hate to say it, but it's not *all* people between that age range

Theres plenty of us who like to just hang out and shoot the breeze when it comes to car shows 'n late-night meets..
    1984 GT, 306, Weiand X-celerator, F-Cam, RHS heads, Pro-Billet Dizzy, BBK LT's, BBK X-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth catback, Bullitt wheels, King Cobra clutch, Steeda sport springs, Steeda control arms, 3.73s...and much more...

FEP Super Member

I didnt do that crap ten years ago.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

FEP Member

Risking a catastrophe ??????
    1983 Mustang GT

New User

Neither did I...I have been to events all over Texas and into Oklahoma and the worst thing I ran into was this fool who decided to do a burnout in the parking lot of the hotel in Tulsa. Normally not a big deal, but his left quarter was approx 3 feet away from my (at the time) 1 year old Mach 1's left quarter. He hit the line lock, dropped the hammer and threw rubber all over my Mach. Fortunately the fool did not kick up any rocks...

No harm no foul, but it was still pretty stupid and I was not the least bit amuzed...

It's those damn kids and their ear bustin' music. It's all evil I tell ya'

J/k But this was just out of control. It's not just age though, I'm sure that the promoters let things get a little out of hand
    79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Marty

J/k But this was just out of control. It's not just age though, I'm sure that the promoters let things get a little out of hand
    I have gone to a few of these shows and it seems that the promoters encourage it.

Honestly there are alot of true enthusiasts in the import world but unfortunately the majority are idiots and wannabe thugs.

It only takes a few bad apples...........

Our local track will not allow the NOPI guys to come here. We have two import shows already and NOPI is getting a pretty bad rap so the Bandimeres turned them down.

The first year we had a import show/race at Bandimere people where shot at in the staging lanes like 30 feet from me. LAME. They couldnt even shoot straight either.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

Well I did some pretty dumbass things when I was that age.

I doubt you guys were all lilly white angels 100% of the time too. I can see you all being good 99% of the time but it's that 1% that gets ya into trouble. And it's that %1 of the "bad apples" that spoil it for everyone.

From the list of complaints, it reminds me of the crap that would go on during college before break or at the end of the semester when we would take over the college apartment complex and party like drunken retards.

-Mike

Does everyone do stupid stuff while young? Yes but this is above and beyond and catergorizes their entire class and culture. Like the old saying "dont Sh#t where you eat", but these mongoloids dont realize it.

I have been going to Carlisle for a long time, at any GM, Ford, Mopar or Corvette nats people are smart enough to not even squeal tires while entering or leaving town.

The town of Carlisle and Cumberland county welcome the Nationals and Swaps with open arms and cant be more accomidating.

It's a##holes like these Ricers that will ruin it for everyone in the end. I would expect to see the "custom import" dropped from the event altogther or sent off site.
    03 Mach 1

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by negusm
    Well I did some pretty dumbass things when I was that age.

I doubt you guys were all lilly white angels 100% of the time too. I can see you all being good 99% of the time but it's that 1% that gets ya into trouble. And it's that %1 of the "bad apples" that spoil it for everyone.

From the list of complaints, it reminds me of the crap that would go on during college before break or at the end of the semester when we would take over the college apartment complex and party like drunken retards.

-Mike
    I'm going to have to agree with you to a point.

We did alot of stupid stuff but never in a public place like a huge car show or at the race track.

Basicly we just left town to get stupid.

Is one better than the other. No not really.

kyle
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

we have a parking lot here in maryland where alot of car guys hangout. well then the import kids started sitting in the same lot.(no big deal) then they started doing burnouts as they left the lot .so the local homeowners would call the cops.when the cops would show up they look to one side and see all these hondas and on the other side were the muscle cars. the cops would come straight to us and tell us to leave because of doing burnouts.they couldn't believe it was the ricers. so now everyone gets run off the lot. ...................paul

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

I'm sorry, but i've seen almost as much stupidity from muscle car gearheads at shows as i've seen from the "tuner" crowds at NOPI events. The only difference I've seen is there are more thugs or whannabe thugs at the import shows.... Yes, I go to Route66 Rondevous in Sanberdo too. Burnouts & driving fast near pedestrians\spectators? yes.
    Drinking? Lot's of it & BYOB is technically wrong but done just like they do at the 1\4 mile track. So....

Why do we seem "biased" involving the import scene? I think it's the fact that we first do not enjoy thier tastes in general; wether it be the cars themselves or the look\attitude of the owners themselves. This is the first strike against the import crowd & puts "us" in a negative mood. Next, we overhear the boisterious bull that comes outta thier mouths, blatant & intentional arguements that sometimes degrade to fights & gunfire. Then the final straw & major turn off being thier music preferences... It simply leaves a bitter taste in my mouth & I cannot tollerate it.....
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

Hey now its not the import cars its the holes that drive them... Its all because of that fast and furious movie.

Our local cruise-in at the Home Depot parking lot got shut down last year because some kids in rice burners decided to race around the parking lot after the cruise-in and one of them lost control and hit a light pole. Its a shame they have to ruin it for everyone else.

Last year there was one of the ricer kids doing burnouts right in the middle of the cruise-in and one of my friends actually pulled him right out the window by his shirt and told him he would kick his teeth in if he ever saw him do that again. We never did see him do it again...
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Quick86
    Hey now, I hate to say it, but it's not *all* people between that age range

Theres plenty of us who like to just hang out and shoot the breeze when it comes to car shows 'n late-night meets..
    I have to agree. I am 23 and my group of friends and I are not like that. But all of us drive American cars and we have alot of conversations with older guys who pull over in their vettes, chevelles and whatever else they have and actually enjoy talking to us young "thugs" about cars.

Justin
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple
    Why do we seem "biased" involving the import scene? I think it's the fact that we first do not enjoy thier tastes in general; wether it be the cars themselves or the look\attitude of the owners themselves. This is the first strike against the import crowd & puts "us" in a negative mood. Next, we overhear the boisterious bull that comes outta thier mouths, blatant & intentional arguements that sometimes degrade to fights & gunfire. Then the final straw & major turn off being thier music preferences... It simply leaves a bitter taste in my mouth & I cannot tollerate it.....
    that is a very wise statement!

I recall as a young pup, the respect and wisdom I took from my automotive "elders".

Plus the lessons learned.

Being a young lad of 17 with my new SEFI GT in 86, somehow I felt it was the fastest of the fast.

A race was set between my rather boisterous self and my good buddy's much much older brother inlaw and his "old" 6.6 T/A.

I laughed as I figured this would be easy.

Somewhere within the first 60foot, I heard a distinctive 'sucking" sound that had the odd resonance of a Quad-Jet coming by my ear.

Then suddenly a door, quarter panel, tail lights, bus legnths, etc. etc.

From that point on in my automotive circle, I learned that God gives you two ears and one mouth. One should use them in that ratio.

Ricers seems not to be able to comprehend that in esscence they are the bottom feeders or catfish of automobila.

The big problem is they are "F"ing the entire lake up for everyone.
    03 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple
    SO TRUE!!!!!!! Could not agree more.

Justin
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

I thought they stoped that show a couple of years ago for the same reason
    must of started it back up again
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Quote Originally Posted by 83rsturbo
    I thought they stoped that show a couple of years ago for the same reason
    must of started it back up again
    It had changed to M3 (modified madness something) and was moved to State College.

It got banned up there for the same stuff so, I guess they tried to bring it back to the fairgrounds.
    03 Mach 1

Not new news. It happened last year at Carlise too. At the same time during the import event.

It is sort of the demographic as stated earlier. Its also the fact that each generation is getting stupidier and stupidier just to impress people.
    No matter where you go, there you are

how about they just bring the NOPI girls to our events?
    that demographic sounds like college kids and they r nuts. i like to party but i visted my friend when he went to kent state about 5 years ago and passed out at 3:30am and awoke at 7am and half of them were still up drinkin... its all a party now at those ages. and i know anyone from Ohio knows how crazy it gets at Ohio U in athens.

Hooptie

Quote Originally Posted by negusm
    It's the demographics.

Pull together any group of 16-25 year olds and watch what bad things happen....ricers or not.

Carlisle typically appeals to an older (and yes, more mature) crowd.

-Mike
    Listen here Speds McGee, I'm 23 and do no such thing.

I respect other peoples property, and act as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantcapri1979
    how about they just bring the NOPI girls to our events? .
    I goto events for the cars not the girls.

If girls are there, thats just a bonus...but they better not get in front of my cars.
    No matter where you go, there you are

its been that way here too, we meet at night on the weekends mebbe a couple of us head out to a side road in the country and run em a few times and thats its, then the "ricer" crownd starting showing up and doing stupid ****, racing right out in front on the street and got us all kicked out. Its the smae way at cruise night at the drive in. its got to the point that we run the ricers out. they try to pull in and we will stand there and stop them. they bitch cuss us out and turn up the **** they call music and try to spin a tire while leaving.

BTW: Im only 18 :P
    1986 Mustang LX Coupe 5.0TT Megasquirt'n'Spark--Sold
    1987 Merkur XR4Ti -Poly suspension bits-tubular header-holset H1c-custom intake-alky injection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast