Close

FEP Member

Default Tomorrow it Starts

Tomorrow I will begin the work I haven't been able to do for the past 7 months. I bought most of all the parts I will need. Due to lack of time with overtime at work, school, and a death in the family; my car has been put on hold for awhile. Also, the acquisition of the McLaren slowed the process as well . But tomorrow I finally have a day off, and so does my friend and also my father. This means I plan to get some serious stuff done to the 86. I basically have the interior completed except for a few odds and ends. Tomorrow begins the removal of the old 302, 7.5" rear and all of the suspension and 4-lug components. Then I will be welding in my subframes, and roll bar. Also, the whole undercarriage will recieve a few coats of Eastwood rust encapsulator and rubberized undercoating. I don't know how much will get accomplished but I want to get all the heavy lifting done when the help is available. Just thought I'd share my excitement about finally getting to my original project
    Wish me luck.
    Tom
    1986 LX - Sold
    1990 LX - 2.3 Turbo (FOR SALE)
    1985 ASC McLaren vert #116 - Sold to Red390GT
    2006 Mazda 3 5-door (Daily Driver)

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Good luck, be safe and have a good time. I remember when we put mine together, how happy I was. Also, I had never rebuilt a suspension before, nor did I ever do brakes. I learned both of those on my Cobra. I'm getting to the point where I'm not afraid to touch anything anymore.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Good luck with the project.

Its always nice to have a few extra hands at times to work safely and faster. You guys shouldn't have too much trouble getting it done.
    1986 SVO: turbo'd fun!
    SOLD:'82 MUSTANG GT: 88' HO, 5-spd, 3.73s, & 17" Borbet Type-A wheels... and other goodies
    RIP: '82 Mecury Capri 5.0 : good times.....
    1969 Chevrolet Chevelle: "the other four eye"