Close

New User

Default got ma a sponsor 4 this year

not a bad deal was checking into getting sidding and 1 window replaced fairly new company started discussing some stuff and they asked how a 3000.00 sponsorship sounded to me to cut 3000.00 off the amount i would pay 4 the sidding and window i was like sounds good to me. the 1 guy knows how to do body work and paint on vehicles. Is this to good to be true? or 1 of those once in a lifetime deals?
    1991 mustang convertible bbk underdrive pulleys kenne bell ram air chip and stock gears all stock other then mods 14.948 @94 mph in the 1/4 street tires

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Take it! Not often a normal working guy gets a $3,000 sponsorship for a year. I've got one for $1,500 & another that does work for no $ or cost. After this sponsorship; the rest become easier since you can inform other companies of already having sponsorship.... kinda like they'd better jump on before they miss the boat kinda thing....
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Default Re: got ma a sponsor 4 this year

Quote Originally Posted by driver187
    Is this to good to be true? or 1 of those once in a lifetime deals?
    Have you got competitive quotes on the same work? If they come in $3,000.00 or more less, run from these guys

I just went through something sort of like this. I need to have my house sided as well. So I want to get some estimates, a local guy I know, but was a little unsure if he could handle the job (big house, very high), another outfit that I used for my replacement windows, and a "new" outfit that has reallly been marketing heavy in our area. The two "normal" quotes were within $800.00 of each other, I assume that was details of their quote, or materials. The "new" company was nearly double the estimate, then started offering a "rebate" and a "discount" if we kept a sign on out lawn for 6 months. after all of that they were still 50% above the other estimates. These guys still could have gave me $3,000.00 and been well above the other estimates. I geuss they get some percentage of the jobs they bid because people dont shop.

I hope its a real deal for you, but I'm always leary about that. Will they give you the $3,000.00 without signing a contract?

Bob Myers

New User

i'll have to look at it over some more but so far they have been the lowest price on siding and the window i need to replace another company was wanting 20,000.00 plus to do same thing so i found a company that was just starting out. Then i asked them if they knew people that drag race the 1 guy said yeah i said why dont you sponsor any of them, to get your name out there. Then i got on the subject that i race down at a drag track and they asked if i would be interested in going with there company if they could give me a good deal i said let me see the numbers and they said it would be 3000.00 1 year sponsorship
    1991 mustang convertible bbk underdrive pulleys kenne bell ram air chip and stock gears all stock other then mods 14.948 @94 mph in the 1/4 street tires