Close

Default spindles/1st salvage yard

Well thanks to a tip from Kj_80Cobra I got the 95 SN95 spindles I need. Now all I have to do is scrounge around for some dough to get the Baer brake kit I want to use. This is the first time I've pulled parts from a salvage yard. It might have been a little more fun had it not been down pouring the whole time. My son thought he would sit in the jeep and stay dry, but oh no, not on my watch. It took us about 45 Min. to get them pulled and only 5 min to get soaked to the bone. Now I know why some of you get so excited to find stuff at these places, it's kind of a rush, even in crappy wheather.

I got '95 spindles/hubs for my '89 at a place that pulled 'em while I watched, which was fine with me. Character-building is over-rated .

What'd you pay?
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch

I got them for $125.00 for both of them Plus tax of course. Yeah the whole getting soaked thing wasn't much fun and my son wasn't to happy about it either. I'll have a hard time convincing him to go to the yard the next time.

Default Re: spindles/1st salvage yard

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse
    . Now I know why some of you get so excited to find stuff at these places, it's kind of a rush, even in crappy wheather.
    I copied, pasted and printed what you said in your first post. Gave the paper to my other half and said, "see, Im not the only one!"

Why do you specifically want the BAER brake kit. Its the same parts as the 13" Cobra/Bullett/Mach 1 brakes. Just the calipers say BAER and the rotors have holes and slots all over them. You'd save a few hundred dollars going the Cobra/Bullett/Mach 1 route.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Zap's 85 GT
    Why do you specifically want the BAER brake kit. Its the same parts as the 13" Cobra/Bullett/Mach 1 brakes. Just the calipers say BAER and the rotors have holes and slots all over them. You'd save a few hundred dollars going the Cobra/Bullett/Mach 1 route.
    Beat me to it. Unless you're that concerned about the Baer "bling", get the Cobra stuff.

Brian
    --Brian
    '86 SVO 1C Comp Prep - work in progress
    '92 2.3T hatch, heavily modded - totalled by hit-and-run, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Asha'man
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap's 85 GT
    Beat me to it. Unless you're that concerned about the Baer "bling", get the Cobra stuff.
    If you have more time than money, cobble together the OEM parts, they'll work fine. If you don't want to mess with it, get the Baer kit - it goes on easy, no surprises, and you get nice stuff like vented rear rotors, upgraded axles, etc.
    Lee

The main reason is, evrything I'll need is in the kit and no modifications need to be made. It also keeps the same track width uses a stock type booster, doesn't need the strut tower modified, won't have to flare any brake lines, comes with stainless braided lines, oh yeah, they do just so happen to look good too.
    Actually when I compared all the different possibilities the Baer kit just fit what I was looking for, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse
    The main reason is, evrything I'll need is in the kit and no modifications need to be made. It also keeps the same track width uses a stock type booster, doesn't need the strut tower modified, won't have to flare any brake lines, comes with stainless braided lines, oh yeah, they do just so happen to look good too.
    Actually when I compared all the different possibilities the Baer kit just fit what I was looking for, thats all.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Lee