Close

FEP Member

Default What is up with people?

I posted some stuff for sale on some other boards. I used to have a Focus and Ive got some parts left.

I have a set of 17in rims with Kumho tires, only about 3000 miles on them. I spent about $900 on the setup, I just want them gone so I asked $250 for them. Some guy in Calif sends me a email and says he will take them if its $250 shipped. I told him it was $250 + shipping and he got all pissy because I was wasteing his time.

Ive also got a set of SVT heated/power mirrors for a Focus, very hard to come by. I asked $150 for them, some guy offers me $50 shipped.

Ive got some F150 stuff and alot of wheels, guys try and lowball offers so ridicules I shouldnt even respond.

I bet that I have sent out over 15 pics of wheels to lookers.

Makes me not to even want to mess with selling stuff.
    ...That.. that doesn't work for me. I gotta have more cowbell!...

Maybe try setting a firm price and post pics with the ad. The "firm" might discourage the lowballers and idiots.
    '66 Mustang Coupe - My First Stang
    '82 Four Banger - Gone
    '84 GT T-top - Gone
    '86 Coupe - Gone
    All gone within a 4 month period. The things we do for marriage.

Or set prices higher, knowing they'll offer less. They think they're getting a deal and you're getting what you wanted anyway.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

In all honesty; there are allot of people out there sending out low bid e-mails on stuff for sale. This is based on the: a) Hope they're desperate & eventually the seller will call back to accept said unreasonable offer and\or b)They hope that it was the 'high" price & they get a screaming deal. Only one "deal" needs too happen out of hundreds of e-mails..... Calling you is no different.... Some people think it's fun or a "challenge"; I think it's retarded & dishonest. i must admit i do enjoy hanging up on them after telling them to f!%k off!
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

FEP User

I always end my add..........make offers; not insults

Quote Originally Posted by mswwot
    I always end my add..........make offers; not insults
    That's good!
    '66 Mustang Coupe - My First Stang
    '82 Four Banger - Gone
    '84 GT T-top - Gone
    '86 Coupe - Gone
    All gone within a 4 month period. The things we do for marriage.

People want a deal. It never hurts to low-ball when it's a "make offer" ad, but I won't low-ball on something that's got a price listed.

I'll give you tree fiddy for the rims.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport