Close

Default New SVO acquisition

I finally gave up on rebuilding my '92 LX that got rearended last December. It just needs too much bodywork, panel replacing, etc., to make it worth doing on what is in essence a base four-cylinder car. So as my new project, the poor LX is being replaced with this. 1986 Comp Prep Mustang SVO 1C, 1 of 87 made. Obviously it needs some things and the paint is FUBAR, but the body is straight and rust-free and my poor LX will be donating many parts to the cause. Paid the princely sum of $650. I'm hoping to tear up the streets with it this summer.

(if you recognize Kyle's driveway in this picture, you spend entirely too much time here on FEP)

Shed a tear for my '92, it was a great car. With some luck it might become our racecar for CMC.

Brian
    --Brian
    '86 SVO 1C Comp Prep - work in progress
    '92 2.3T hatch, heavily modded - totalled by hit-and-run, RIP

FEP Super Member

I talked to Rich today about using the lx for the CMC car. As long as we can find somewhere to pu it its a go.

Did you work on the car last night? I fell asleep watching the Hockey game.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

Blog Entries

I was really considering going after that car (have a friend in CO), but was glad to see someone else stepped in.

Congratulations!

FEP Super Member

I have had like six people tell me they wanted the car and where going to bid on it. Actually one guy over at SVOCA got pissed that we bought the car before he did. Nobody bid on the car and Brian bought it locally.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

Blog Entries

I couldn't do much about it from here very quickly, and I am one of those that if someone is local and has good intentions, I'm not going to interfere. I don't see the point of getting worked up over it, though. To me, as long as the car gets a good home, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil86lx
    I talked to Rich today about using the lx for the CMC car. As long as we can find somewhere to pu it its a go.

Did you work on the car last night? I fell asleep watching the Hockey game.

kyle
    Yeah he seemed pretty sold on it. I mean, why not? It's in good shape mostly, has SFC's already, and we already own it outright. Besides, I want it to live on and go fast

I didn't go over. You weren't picking up your phone, so I figured you were asleep, and I was pretty beat, so I decided not to do anything. Maybe tonight, though. Plus we could look at how my BCS is run and double-check the Cougar setup if you want to.

Brian
    --Brian

FEP Super Member

I'll be out there tonight. Gotta work on the Saleens brakes before the dyno.

kyle
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85
    I couldn't do much about it from here very quickly, and I am one of those that if someone is local and has good intentions, I'm not going to interfere. I don't see the point of getting worked up over it, though. To me, as long as the car gets a good home, that's all that matters.
    Yeah I dont get it! Itold them that we where going to look at it and that they neded to tell me ASAP if they where going to buy it. This was on a thursday and well monday came along and no one bid on it so Brian looked at it and bought it on the spot.

The guy was threatening to part it and I figured that everyone would be excited that we bought it instead of it being parted or sold to a butcher.

wierd.

kyle
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Nice looking ride there. It looks to be complete and if it is, you're miles ahead of the game. Good luck with it.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Awesome score. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil86lx
    Actually one guy over at SVOCA got pissed that we bought the car before he did.
    I hate people like that, ya snooze ya lose buddy. That car has been for sale for months. He wanted to wait till the seller got desperate and get it cheap, only you beat him to it and now he's pissed. F-K HIM!!!!

I've "stolen" cars out from under three people. Two were "supposed" to buy the cars (both Mustangs) from the owners before they moved but somehow never came up with the money ($500 ) and always had some excuse every time the owner talked to them. Truth was they were waiting till the owners had to move so they could get the cars for nothing or next to nothing. Well, I offered the owners what their so-called "buddies" were supposed to pay them months ago and had them towed away that same day.

At $500, both cars were slamming deals, but that isn't good enough for some people, they want them for free. The one guy was also supposed to also buy a Snap-On tool box FULL of tools for $1500. I got the box and the car for $2k cash two weeks before the seller's real estate closing and flipped the car two weeks later for over $2k, netting me a free Snap-On mechanic's chest FULL of tools, LOL. We're talking top chest, bottom chest, and MAC side box all full of cool stuff.

The third one was a '67 VW my neigbors had. It had been sitting on the side of their house for YEARS. I actually remember getting rides to kindergarten in the thing. Back when I was into VWs one of my VW buddies asked me about it and I told him it had been sitting there dead for ten years. He then went and introduced himself as my friend and asked them about it and they told him if he got it out of their yard he could have it for free. He kind of gloated over it in front of me and I was mildly annoyed, but hey, he thought of it first. So of course I congratulated him and told him that was great and I actually was happy for him, if slightly jealous. The car was in pretty sad shape, but it did have a lot of good parts on it.

Well, day go by and turn into weeks and weeks go by and turn into months and the car is still in my neigbor's yard. Finally one day they call me up and ask me whatever happened to my friend that was going to take the car away. I told them I really didn't know and they asked me if I wanted it or knew anyone else that did because they really wanted it out of their yard. I told them yeah, I'd take it, and dragged it home that afternoon, much to my parent's chagrin. When my buddy saw it his jaw kind of fell and he said "we were going to take that car" and I told him that if he was going to take it he should have and after waiting for him for three months they called me up and asked me if I wanted it. To his credit he realized that he had screwed up and actually hooked me up with a replacement deck lid for it. I fixed that thing up and drove it for years, then sold it for more than I had into it.
    2R '85 GT 'vert - VIN code M fuel injected 5.0 HO

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.
    - William James

I'll get a shot of the polished wheels on it once I get them cleaned up and can get a good daytime shot.

Brian
    --Brian

Man those seats would look good in my Cobra. I need to find some like that.
    Good luck with your "new" Stang.

Looks like a good project, amazing what a bath can do to a car
    Check out my 1984 Mustang Wiring Diagram, Covers All models, and engines!
    http://dubstars.net/merkcrap/fes/84electricalmanual.pdf

Damn!What did you use to clean the engine bay... very nice there!
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

Quote Originally Posted by Marz
    Damn!What did you use to clean the engine bay... very nice there!
    Water.

Brian
    --Brian

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Nice find & buy! I'm definetly jealous....
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

FEP Member

Nice buy. $650 is a steal for a SVO such as yours.
    01 F250 Lariat SC 4x4 and it's paid for. Still loving the V10