Close

Default chugging 1/4 of a bottle of dayquil can have some strange...

consequences.

today, my cold went full blown and i was feeling like 50 lbs of "stuff" in a 10 lb bag. i also had to work today so i decided that i better get some dayquil if i am to stand a chance of making it through. so i bought some and immediately chugged a 1/3 of the bottle down. at first, i thought it wouldnt do anything cos it only seemed work for about a minute or two after drinking it. but when i started getting ready for work, i did notice that i started to get better so i thought that i should be okay. However, as soon as i stopped the engine when i was in the parking lot , i started feeling funny. i thought little of it and i carried on. then as soon as i entered the building, i started feeling light, my eyes were bulging and my mind was going everywhere. then i realized that I WAS OUT OF MY GORD!. so for three hours, customers, co-workers and my boss saw me in my inebreated state and i of course explained what happened and i tried to go on with my day as usual, but i had to stop periodically to try to gather my bearings. i finally started feeling normal again at 9:30.

i wont drink that much dayquil at once again!
    1985 Ford LTD LX. 4 eyes, 4 doors-cobra powered
    2006 Ford F-150 Ashley/Smith special edition--the "daily driver"
    1986 ford mustang SVO--a man can always dream right?

Be careful with cough medicine, it can really knock you for a loop if you take too much. In fact, it's popular with younger people to take craploads of it, as the DXM in the cough syrup can cause you to "trip," not really any other word for it. It's called "Robotripping," taking TONS of Nyquil/DXM gels at a time.
    2004 Yamaha R1
    Shift Red, frame/clutch sliders, SS brake lines, DB blk windscreen

1985 GT
    Bunch of mods
    ....officially the Project Car....

2000 Ford Taurus SE Wagon
    Mint condition, all maint records
    Daily Driver/Support Vehicle

Oh christ. I remember kids at college used to drink a whole bottle of Robitussen to get "Robified". I thought it was stupid and never tried it. Like booze and grass weren't good enough for them.

Sophomore year I did get really sick and did 3 shots of Nyquill in order to fix myself up to go to class. I made it to the dining hall and by the time I was done eating I felt like I was floating and I was all disorientated. Then I went home and passed out.

That whole, if one's good two's better and three's a blast thing will get you every time.
    2R '85 GT 'vert - VIN code M fuel injected 5.0 HO

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.
    - William James

Never heard of being "Robofied" That stuff is so nasty I have a hard time taking a normal dose Back at my 9th grade prom, a friend of mine drank a bottle of Scope because it contained 20% alcohol
    79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

kraizy

no offense.... but that's stupid. first, you should take note of what you ingest. second, that crap does not "cure" you. it doesn't rid the lil "bug" that's causing the chaos, and it only covers up your symptoms.

glad you learned your lesson with no severe consequences. feel better.

never taken dayquil/nyquil....never will.

You've already heard it form me on aim....

I can't say Sh!t cause when the doc gave me painkillers when I had that rootcanal... I had some fun... . A painkiller and one of those "Full throttle" energy drinks is lots of fun. Or a painkiller and some booze.

Corse... I don't do that anymore... no more pain killers.

Oh well.

I liked that dizzy feeling.

As a child I use to love to spin around and a round in my grandfathers old chair... and get real dizzy then walk... like a drunk 10 year old.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

Neither here nor there

I won't use nyquil during the day....it does make ya sleepy for sure!
    But it does help at night without a doubt if ya can't stop hackin your brains out!

Worse drug I ever had to take was Oxycontin when I broke my arm in half...

I would be up til 2am in my own little world listening to waaawaaawaaaawaaa in my head....weird crap and I don't think i would ever use it again.

You know your posts crack me up. I am always curious to see what you are going to do or what is going to happen to you next.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

Mike Croke

Most over-the-counter meds are watered low dose versions of what were originally prescription drugs. Generally, the recommended dose on the otc package is about 1/2-1/4 what a doctor would have prescribed years ago. The reason a prescription used to be required is the side effects were often quite pronounced and disabling. Thus, if you double (or more) the dose, you wind up with side effects that can require doctor supervision.

You'll find that people's sensitivity to different drugs can vary a great deal. And a very tricky point is that drug reaction is typcially nonlinear. In other words, doubling the dose sometimes has no effect or can push a person into a serious situation like heart trouble, hallucinations, difficulty breathing, or a coma.

I resist taking any meds because to me, the side effects are worse than my suffering. I'd rather be in pain than high and loopy. When I chopped the end of my finger off, the doc gave me Vicadin for the pain. I took half a pill the first night so I could sleep, then a whole pill the next night and never took another. I preferred the pain over the useless flying sensation.

Robotrippin'..heheh...

I've downed a bottle of Nyquil, popped 4 Dayquils and still took some Benadryls within 3 hours to try to "force" my sickness gone.

Ever been hyper, drowzy, and paranoid at the same time?

And it lasted about for about 8 hours!
    1986 SVO: turbo'd fun!
    SOLD:'82 MUSTANG GT: 88' HO, 5-spd, 3.73s, & 17" Borbet Type-A wheels... and other goodies
    RIP: '82 Mecury Capri 5.0 : good times.....
    1969 Chevrolet Chevelle: "the other four eye"

If you smoke grass and drink nyquil, you may experiance some very pronounced hallicinations...

Don't ask...
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

I once downed about 1/3 of a bottle of nyquil thinking it was simply childs cough syrup. I made it to Apple Bees just fine. About half way through the meal I felt like someone had drugged my chicken fingers. I somehow managed to get home without wrecking my car. I then passed out on the couch for a good 14 or so hours. The couch was a lot closer than my bed, so I stopped there.
    ** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint