Close

Thread: *PLONK* dumazz!

Default *PLONK* dumazz!

I was backing out of the GFs driveway the other night. Saw the Five Hundred and made a point not to hit it. Mission Accomplished...BANG. Backed right into the 86 GT. It's not a show car, but at least it was dent free. I didn't se because the sky was cloudy and TurdboCoupe didn't have any backup lights because they were disconnected at the transmission. (I would have hooked it up but the car was $120. Whatc could I do?)

I thought I hit about perpendicular to the GT, checked the drivers door and it it looked good! No damage! alright!

I looked today and the area behind the door, in front of the rear fender is caved in. I wonder if I can get the Mustang fixed with Turdbo insurance money.
    '86 GT 13.49 @ 104
    '83 Tbird TC 17.75 @ 78
    '05 Five Hundred AWD 16.95 @ 88

Wow, that sucks. You must have luck like me. You can hit anything but the rear quarters and you can simply get a new panel and put it on. Are you gonna have the dent pulled and use filler, or have a new quarter put on? Also, do you really want your insurance rates going up? I would think you still have to pay the deductible. Whatever you do, good luck.

Justin
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

I'm guessing I'll just have it pulled when I get paint done. I'm just curious what the ins. company would do about me hitting my own car.
    '86 GT 13.49 @ 104
    '83 Tbird TC 17.75 @ 78
    '05 Five Hundred AWD 16.95 @ 88

Quote Originally Posted by Eric86GT
    I'm just curious what the ins. company would do about me hitting my own car.
    I've seen this before, involving a much worse accident. They'll pay to fix it if you're covered. Then prolly laugh and tell stories about you to their friends, etc.
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch