Close

Thread: Stolen Stang

FEP Member

Default Stolen Stang

A guy on one of my other boards had his car stolen and I thought I would post everywhere I could think of hoping someone in that area might know something, heard something, or saw something.

Red / Black interior - stolen between exits 110 and 113 on I-75 S/ 64E in Lexington KY.

Car broke down and I know what part it needed - was not that big of a deal - broke down at night and by the time I went to get a car trailor to pick car up and got back this car was gone.

Information from construction workers in area;

1) Picked up between the hours of 2:00 and 3:00 AM on early morning of 4-10-06.
    2) Pulled by tow chain hooked to a white Chevy s-10 pickup or Blazer.

Car has different color of red paint on both fenders and drivers side front corner of hood. Missing 1 fog light and a very deep gash in the rear pass. quarter panel right above the tire. This mustang has tinted windows with the words "No Fear" on the rear window.

If anyone here has any information or by some chance seen this car in the Lexington, KY area being pulled please please contact me. If needed I can and will provide a NICE reward for its findings. This is not a car to me, this is a symbol of my life, There is a long story on me getting this car and why it meant this much to me. Thank you for anything you can do.

FEP Senior Member

I have posted this up over at www.stampedeusa.com as they have a large Kentucky presence. Get me some more details and I can add them.
    This has been posted in their regional forum for KY.
    1986 (2A) Saleen #120.

I've posted at www.SVOCA.com there are a few Kentuckians there also.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

FEP Member

93 gt

i know it's not a four eye but this car is his pride and joy

Quote Originally Posted by Bossnutt
    93 gt

i know it's not a four eye but this car is his pride and joy
    Not a problem. You just never said what year it was.

-Mike

Also linked to www.lexistreets.com by a fellow SVOer in Lexington.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

FEP Member

MORE INFO: about the car and location of theft

the theft happened in Lexington on 64E/75S right where they split. between exit 113 on 75S and 110. White s-10 pickup or blazer - one of the two is what towed it off and they went 64E - not 75S. Towards Winchester.

The car has a few indentifiable things. Whole car was red but the fenders had to be covered again and didnt match - as well as the drivers side corner of the hood. On the front right above the head light - also says no fear in back window. All windows except front one are tinted. Nose of this stang had some damage - across the front - pass side foglight was messed up - and another note. The drivers side fender was origionally taken from a 93 LX that was green - only green part left on that fender is under the hood though.

Not many upgrades as I was working on restoring it and I was almost done. All I had left was ashtray door, body work, and Paint. Black cloth interior that was almost mint and it was really clean. Flowmasters

Those cars had VIN numbers on all the body parts. Any progress with the cops?
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Chop shop material by now most likely.....
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple
    Chop shop material by now most likely.....
    Why do you say that? Those cars are common and dirt cheap, body and drivetrain parts wouldn't bring much cash.
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0 - Ran into a tree (fixed!)
    2005 Ranger XLT 4x4 - Daily Driver/Tow vehicle
    1992 Mustang LX 2.3 - MPG baby yeah!
    1994 Explorer - Fix 'n Flipper

Speaking from a Legit Salvage Yard POV, that car's worth four to five times as much in pieces as it is as a whole.
    At least using The Wholesale prices for major components vs. the NADA guidebook value..
    Sorry.

Maybe you'll get lucky and she'll turn up before getting chopped., but the numbers are against it.
    '86 Capri, 2.6l 4 - No Mods

'83 Capri RS 5.0 Crossbreed - Rolling Shell

Quote Originally Posted by MurPHy
    Why do you say that? Those cars are common and cheap...
    Precisely what makes Honda Civics, etc., among the most popular with car thieves. The cars are cheap, but OEM replacement panels for collision-damaged cars are not. Unscrupulous bodyshops buy the cars and use the panels to make repairs on customer vehicles. They'll charge top dollar, too - they're using OEM parts, right? No cheap Taiwanese stuff. The thief only gets a few hundred bucks for the car, but it's all profit for him.
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch