Close

FEP Member

Default Mission complete!

I got up this morning at 5:00 and drove 65 miles to the grand openong of Mark Martin Ford in Batesville AR. good thing I left early. By the time I got there at 6:30ish the place was packed. Only the first 500 people got arm bands for a chance to get to meet MM and get an autograph. After everyone got thier armband they walked around until the autograph session started at 10:00. All except me and a few others we stayed in line. So I got a couple good autographs before his hand got shakey.

I met people who took the whole week off work and drove 1000+ miles for a chance to meet MM.

I was in line with a guy from the Eastern Shore of MD, another couple from MN, and a guy from Houston. I thought driving the 65 miles was a stretch, but those are hardcore fans.

The guy from MD showed me pics of his basement, he has over 2000 MM diecast cars all on shevles and in display cases.

Anyway, here is my first resto project for my Anny completed.

Rats photobucket is down for maintenence. Will post pic later.[/img]
    ...That.. that doesn't work for me. I gotta have more cowbell!...

Travis T

That is awesome! I have always wanted to meet Mark, it's so cool that you got him to sign the dash piece for your car.

Mark does have a wide base of hardcore fans, you should check out the Roush website. Someone on there has the tail number off of his plane, and they've been tracking the guy's flights, it's insane.

FEP Member

Now Ive got to paint the cluster bezel to match.

...That.. that doesn't work for me. I gotta have more cowbell!...

Thats very cool I'v been a martin fan for a long time
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250