Close

Blog Entries

Default Ugh...What do I do?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/150879662.html

Yes, I know how wrong the listing is. I'd hope I'd know how wrong it is, but at least this time it's not being listed as a notchback.

Click link. Advise.

FEP Member

Buy it! for $900 if you change your mind your not out much. If you don't buy it you'll be doing the woulda coulda shoulda two step.

Steve
    1983 Mustang GT

gtluke

why are all the low milage one's puke blue?
    i dunno, auto, 79
    2 strikes already
    fill the new driveway!

I feel for you. I have to admit, I would end up owning it if it was in my backyard too.

Right now, everyone is hiding cars from me because they know I am itching for a new project and have a complete T-bird Supercoupe motor. Enough said , and the friends are sick of it
    84 20th Anny 2.3Turbo #1978
    84 Turbo GT 11.70@120MPH 418RWHP
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles
    96 Mystic Cobra Terminator swap

Blog Entries

It's killing me.

900 bucks, not hard to part with since our tax burden wasn't what we anticipated.

The room to park it...eh...yeah...it's not convenient, but it's doable.

Have I ever dreamed of owning a Cologne six with an auto? Can't say that I have. However, I can tell you I've never owned anything with mileage that low And we don't exactly have a SHORTAGE of Capris at this place...but...

I keep telling myself that for that price, someone is going to snag it and either just beat the thing to a pulp and send it to Ecology (wrecking yard) or they'll buy it and part it, or buy it and just do bad things to it. Then I tell myself I could just buy it, sit on it and let it be permanently for sale to a good home till one shows up.

This is an illness. An illness, I tell you. I'm sick, sick, sick.

Quote Originally Posted by evlgt85
    It's killing me.

900 bucks, not hard to part with since our tax burden wasn't what we anticipated.

The room to park it...eh...yeah...it's not convenient, but it's doable.

Have I ever dreamed of owning a Cologne six with an auto? Can't say that I have. However, I can tell you I've never owned anything with mileage that low And we don't exactly have a SHORTAGE of Capris at this place...but...

I keep telling myself that for that price, someone is going to snag it and either just beat the thing to a pulp and send it to Ecology (wrecking yard) or they'll buy it and part it, or buy it and just do bad things to it. Then I tell myself I could just buy it, sit on it and let it be permanently for sale to a good home till one shows up.

This is an illness. An illness, I tell you. I'm sick, sick, sick.

You are far from being sick. You are just a great person. You love these cars as much, if not more, than a lot of us on here. I am not saying that others don't share the same feelings for these cars. I am just saying we all know how much you love them, like all of us. If you get the chance, buy it. If I had the money, trust me, I would have more four eyes.

Justin
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

FEP Member

If it were a 4cyl i'd consider giving it a new home here in Houston. But i'm bound and determined I don't want a 6 cyl.

If it were local though I think i'd have to buy it.

Steve
    1983 Mustang GT

Save your cash for a notchback Mustang. You already have a bunch of Capris and hatchback Mustangs.

if you don't get it it'll be the recipient of an aero nose and a late model roller block.

However, that color, that year, that combo drivetrain, imo who cares about the miles, go for what you really want.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

Honestly, if that was here in FL, I would buy it and drop my new 450rwhp combo in it. FL insurance is crazy. I'm sure an older mercury capri would be a lot less than my 89 notch.
    ** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint

Buy it
    I would

Honestly.

You need to finish one project before you start the next.

What happens when a Blue and Orange Striped asc shows up for $1800? Or a Bubble Back Black Magic for $1100? Can you "absorb" those too?

My advice to you in particular is: Don't get it. Find somebody else dying to get their hands on a cheap Capri to have fun with. I would wait and save an asc or a Crimson Cat or one of the other specialty models.

Anyone else, I would encourage to snap it up.

-Mike

It looks like a steal for $900. It might not hurt to at least go look at it and drive it.
    Matt

1985 Cougar XR-7 5 speed manual.

Hooptie

buy it and would a turbo motor into it.

oh, and p.s. If my parents bought me a car when I was that young and didn't want it? I'd expect them to shoot me in the face.

I hate spoiled children.

Travis T

Buy it only if it needs no work, and keep it as a cheap driver until you can sell it to someone who won't mess it up. Don't buy it if it will become another project car.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooptie
    oh, and p.s. If my parents bought me a car when I was that young and didn't want it? I'd expect them to shoot me in the face.

I hate spoiled children.
    Haha-ha! Hooptie always has classic posts!

My parents would've never bought me a Mustang..or Capri.

Cause you know: Mustang = speeding.
    1986 SVO: turbo'd fun!
    SOLD:'82 MUSTANG GT: 88' HO, 5-spd, 3.73s, & 17" Borbet Type-A wheels... and other goodies
    RIP: '82 Mecury Capri 5.0 : good times.....
    1969 Chevrolet Chevelle: "the other four eye"

Anonymous

Holy Cheeto's batman! If I was even remotely close to that car, it would be SOLD and sitting in my driveway. Running or not! Wouldn't even clear it with the wife, it would be here. She would come home and start to say chit, and I'd be like "shut the fruk up!". I'd be all over it!

Cliff

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Skye, BUY IT NOW! Low mileage cars that have EVERYTHING still in/on them are a dream come true. It makes restoring/restomodding that much easier and if it's rust free it's even more valuable. It's more than worth the $900.00 pricetag.

Geeez, I wish it were here. I'd buy it as my new daily driver. I need a cheap used one to replace my beater and all I can find are parts cars for $1,500.00.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Blog Entries

You all are SO not helping.

Aiight, I'll email about it, see where in town the guy is, maybe we'll take a gander at it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra
    Geeez, I wish it were here. I'd buy it as my new daily driver. I need a cheap used one to replace my beater and all I can find are parts cars for $1,500.00.
    That would be a nice little DD. what would it cost to ship it out here?

Blog Entries

Probably a grand, to 1500, depending on the shipper. Getting my Turbo RS here by the cheapest bidder from Georgia was like around 800 bucks, I think.

Funny, the people who are drooling all over it and say they would buy it are all on the east coast. On the WC, cars like that are not all that uncommon nor desirable.
    85 Ford LTD LX: Four eyes and Four doors

EFI swap, AFR 165 heads, 5-speed conversion, Cobra brakes, etc.

Default post for evlgt85 i know its a fyi but put it here for evlgt

met a man today. got his number and business card. he says he as a 85 lx 5.0 coupe w/auto, blue interior he said was leather, was white and now 3 coats of primer. only has 44,000 miles. will get vin if interested. he says it was fuel injected but the injectors worked hit and miss so they put a four barrel on it. still got the computer and injection system w/ car... if anyone is interested he wants 2500. says he has 5,000 invested. i can go and look at it. he is sending me pics. thought evlgt85 might want it . he says interior is perfect with new dash pad. i want it but wife says no more v-8s. already have 3 and broke lol. let me know. i will post when i rcv pics.
    wayne