Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

true...
    83 GT w/ T-Tops (JeffCleaned)
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

FEP Member

There are gangs of T top thieves who surf the net looking for key numbers.

I saw it on 60 minutes, its a nationwide problem.
    ...That.. that doesn't work for me. I gotta have more cowbell!...

Well now that there is a main info spot, no need for naming who has what, but agreed, who cares. How many of you really lock your tops? I haven't in the 13 yrs of owning. If the car is out, most likely so are the tops.
    '85 GT 4 time feature car
    '86 GT sold
    '88 GT pretty dang original
    '85 GT project

Quote Originally Posted by IWL BCNU
    Well now that there is a main info spot, no need for naming who has what, but agreed, who cares. How many of you really lock your tops? I haven't in the 13 yrs of owning. If the car is out, most likely so are the tops.
    Yes, I agree. But there are people who are very skittish out there and would rather not give out that information....so if you want them to help you some degree of precaution is needed.

I still think there must be a book or something that tells you how those numbers relate to the key profile.

Anybody a locksmith or know one? If we could get a copy of the book or instructions, this "list" would not be needed.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by negusm
    I still think there must be a book or something that tells you how those numbers relate to the key profile.

Anybody a locksmith or know one? If we could get a copy of the book or instructions, this "list" would not be needed.
    Seems as if there is a list of cut codes for these keys....

http://corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=779983

The code series is: Fort 1-336, HPC card c5, key blank IN8.
    Cuts are as follows:
    #238 = 51135
    #268 = 15331
    Keep that info handy. Knowing the key series and blank number then pretty much any locksmith can cut a key for anyone. Simply take them the series and the code from the lock.

Assuming that aLL TTop keys are the same, this problem of missing TTop Locks should be finished.

-Mike

Yup, I'm going to try to get a list of the ENTIRE line of T-roof key/lock cut codes, and any other important information. Then anybody that is missing their key(s) can take that information to their local locksmith and have them cut.

No need for this list of who has what or for anybody to keep a key repository.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis
    Yup, I'm going to try to get a list of the ENTIRE line of T-roof key/lock cut codes, and any other important information. Then anybody that is missing their key(s) can take that information to their local locksmith and have them cut.

No need for this list of who has what or for anybody to keep a key repository.
    Honestly, if the locksmith has the key blank, he's probably got the list of cut codes too. I don't know if it's worth getting that list.

-Mike

hopefully these keys i'm having cut will work, i'll let everyone know how i make out later this afternoon.
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

the keys work..
    if anyone needs these #'s i'll have duplicates made up. cost me $7 a peice to have them made from scratch.. i know i can get them cheaper when duplicating them..
    thanks all.
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

Quote Originally Posted by negusm

-Mike
    That would be me. I did locksmithing for 10 years.

In general, we can make most keys by code, a key like that runs $12.95 plus tax at my old shop, if the code comes up. I'll have to look into this. Somebody remind me later on as I am running a temp of 104 right now, LOL.

I have always wanted my own HPC 1200CM to cut them but they cost $2500. Now you know why the keys are $12.95 to cut by code. Then of course you need the code books, or in this day and age, the computer program. Thats a few Gs more.
    2R '85 GT 'vert - VIN code M fuel injected 5.0 HO

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.
    - William James

Problem Solved.

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.
    - William James

Quote Originally Posted by frankiesaysrelax
    Problem Solved.
    thanks again frank..
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

No problem.

Oh, and on some of the things that factoryfivelinkcobra dude said.

IN8 is just another name for 54G/1054G. I believe it is the Taylor number. Each manufacturer has their own alphanumerical classification system for their key blanks. Sound confusing? It is.

CG16 is a Chicago key blank that is extremely similar to IN8, and Y11 is a Yale keyway also very similar to CG16 and IN8. In a pinch any of them can be substitued for another, but any locksmith that runs out of IN8s, CG16s, or Y11s is a as they are very common keys that you cut pretty much every day. While we may order 10 packs of some of the rather uncommon keys, generally we order CG16s and Y11s by multiple 250 count boxes and IN8s by multiple 50 count boxes.

- William James

86 50CPRI

I've got #215

So, do you need the 5 digit reference number, or the 3 digit number on the key to have it made?

Hey Frankiesays, can you cut these and send them out for a resonable price?
    Last edited by mcb82gt; 10-25-2006 at 02:28 PM.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

you need the 3 digit # on the lock to have the key made..
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

86 50CPRI

I was refferring to the list at the beginning of the post...I have # 215 on my TTops,should anyone ELSE lose a key..

FEP Senior Member At1Maverick69's Avatar

And it's back from the dead..... lol!

So, I am in need of the keys for the t-tops on the Capri,the code is 237. is that all i need to get a key done, or do I need the other 5 digit number. Does anyone have any?
    *John*
    1982 GT-$old
    1984 Mercury Capri RS-5.0L, 5 speed, T-Tops-FOR SALE
    1979 Coupe-357ci, auto? stick? COMING SOON
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/At1Maverick

All you need is the three-digit number on the lock(s) and the key blank code (original is 54G). A locksmith can do the rest.

I have 201's

Anybody have key #208. Just picked up a spare set and missing key. Thanks

I dont have keys for mine, but why do I need them?

Go to your local locksmith. Give them the following information.

Lock code series: Fort 01-336
    Key blank code: 54G
    Your lock number(s)

That's all they need to look up in their books the correct key card for their cutting machines. You should have a key in a few minutes.

My brother is "fivelinkcobra" the locksmith. If anyone has problems getting a t top key or other key problems give him a call 517 803 5151.

Thanks
    Jeremy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast