Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by 85asc239 View Post
    My brother is "fivelinkcobra" the locksmith. If anyone has problems getting a t top key or other key problems give him a call 517 803 5151.

Thanks
    Jeremy
    thanks

Just a FYI foxmustangrestoration has lock and key sets for the t-tops now.
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

204 (no Keys)

Does anybody have #254 ?

Wow, I am surprised this is still an issue. Between my friends and I over the years, we have probably had 5 Fox body cars that didn't come with keys. Every single one we just used a truck topper key on. That was back when these were new and we could have probably gone to Ford and still bought keys. I would just go to a Leonard dealer and get a key. Unless maybe you guys are concerned about having OEM style keys or something.
    We even got some T-tops from a junkyard that we used the topper key on.

My one t top broke so I replaced it and the replacement didnt come with a key, but even locked it will still release, maybe its just worn out

What is a Leonard Dealer? I would prefer a OEM key instead of hacking the lock off.

No hacking. It's just a key. I didn't search this thread but I think I posted in here a few pages back. It's just a truck topper key. Ford did not have some super secure secret squirrel lock mechanism on these things. Just a plain truck topper key works. I swear. Done it many times.

My brother can make keys for your ttops. He can ship them to you.

pinnaclelockandkey@yahoo.com

jeremy

I know this is a really old thread, but I have 253 on mine
    1986 Mustang GT T-top, 5 speed manual- Daily driver

86 50CPRI

Somewhere in this thread,there is a list of who has what # lock, figuring that if someone needed a key that was in the list(by lock #), then a copy could be obtained, and passed on to the needy person. Then the locksmith link showed up. Locksmith's have reference guides that de-code the lock, so a duplicate can be cut without the lock present.

If you have the lock which needs a key, it isn't rocket science to have a key made to fit it, all you need is the number on the lock...

Quote Originally Posted by 86 50CPRI View Post
    Somewhere in this thread,there is a list of who has what # lock, figuring that if someone needed a key that was in the list(by lock #), then a copy could be obtained, and passed on to the needy person. Then the locksmith link showed up. Locksmith's have reference guides that de-code the lock, so a duplicate can be cut without the lock present.

If you have the lock which needs a key, it isn't rocket science to have a key made to fit it, all you need is the number on the lock...
    I don't need one, I just saw the thread and if anyone needs the number key I have, I can make a copy for them.
    1986 Mustang GT T-top, 5 speed manual- Daily driver

86 50CPRI

Quote Originally Posted by cpearson1342 View Post
    I know this is a really old thread, but I have 253 on mine
    Ahhh, so you need to be ADDED to the list. Sorry, I assumed the opposite, that you were looking for a key.

Looking for 86 capri ttop keys... Lock has numer 259

New User

For what its worth, I have # 299

I am looking for # 284 for a set of T-Tops I just picked up. The came out of an 86 GT.
    1979 Pace Car #290
    1979 Cobra Alternate
    1986 BBF 545
    1988 5.0 Turbo

I have 277 if needed.

Looking for 246 if anyone has one.

Hey guys new to forum. I just bought a 87 and need key 216 for it. I also have a 88 that has key 209.

The lock code series is "Fort 01-336" and the original key blank code was "54G". The Ilco brand key blank code is "1054G" and the Dominion brand key blank code is "54G".

Take that information to your local locksmith, along with your three-digit lock number(s), and they should be able to cut a key for you in minutes, using their code books, and machine and card numbers.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I just went through this. The keys they cut would work on one side but not the other. Lock was damaged. Had them replace both locks with new ones. Cost was 95$. Time was around 1.5 hrs. Both work perfectly now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123