Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeatSack View Post
    Just a thought here.....I did not check the tag on my SVO(86) yet, but I have no insulation above the fender splash guards. However on my Capri(85), NLR is on the tag, and I have what look like insulation blankets above the splash guards. Can take pics if needed.
    Where exactly is this insulation viewed from? I'm thinking it's seen from the trunk and consists of stick-on insulation on the top of the rear wheel well arches or something, right? Or am I way off the reservation here?

I also have NLR on the last line of my buck tag, so could help verify if you guys let me know what to look for, and how.
    Rob

1984 GT Convertible: Born November 1983 so it has slapper bars and no fog lights. Has DSO 89 (Transportation Services) and later sold to a Ford VP of Finance in Palo Alto, CA. Medium Canyon Red Exterior, Charcoal Interior, 5.0, 5-speed, power windows and doors, and 85k miles.

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/?start=all

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I do not know what the "standard" '84+ sound insulation package consists of.
    Fox,
    Was there an option to order or deviate anything dealing with insulation on the 84+ cars ?

If not - then we may be back to ground '0' since we have seen cars with and without the NLR past 84+.

Jason

OK, the following is all according to Ford/Mercury showroom sales brochures, fact books, and salesman guides, most of which is courtesy of negusm and his awesome 'site, ascMcLarenCoupe.com.

Capri

The '79 and '80 'Interior Accent Group' opton included a "deluxe" sound package, among other items. It was a standard feature in the Ghia and was described as an "improved sound absorption package" and an "upgraded sound package" in the '80 brochure. It was optional all other models in '79 and '80. No indication what was in this "package" or if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

All '81 models got a "deluxe" sound package as a standard functional feature. No indication what was in this "package" or if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

All '82 models except the base got a "deluxe" sound package/"improved" sound deadening material as a standard functional feature. No indication what was in this "package" or what this "material" consisted of, or if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

All '83 models except the base got "improved" sound deadening materia/"upgraded" sound insulation package as a standard functional feature. No indication what this "material" consisted of or what was in this "package", or if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

All '84 through '86 models got a "luxury" sound package/insulation as a standard functional feature. No indication what was in this "package" consisted of, if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

Mustang

The '79 through '81 'Interior Accent Group' option included "extra" sound deadening materials also known as a "deluxe" sound package, among other items. It was a standard feature on the Ghia 2- and 3-door sedans and optional in the base 2- and 3-door sedans. The specs of the "basic" body insulation (standard on the base models) and the "deluxe" sound package can be seen HERE ('79), HERE ('80), and HERE ('81). No indication if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

The '82 GL and GT models got a "deluxe" sound insulation package and the GLX model got a "luxury" sound insulation package as a standard functional feature. No indication if the L model got even a "basic" body insulation package that the earlier years did, or what the deluxe or luxury "packages" consisted of, or if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

All '83 models except the L got a "deluxe" sound insulation package as a standard functional feature. No indication if the L model got even a "basic" body insulation package, or what the deluxe "package" consisted of, or if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

The '84 L model got a "deluxe" sound insulation package as a standard functional feature. All other models got a "luxury" sound insulation package as a standard functional feature. No indication what the these "packages" consisted of, or if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

All '85 and '86 models got a "deluxe" sound insulation package as a standard functional feature. No indication what this "package" consisted of, or if there were any additions or deletions allowed.

number line rotation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345