Close

Default Mexican Mustang Question

I was just curious if all the mexican mustangs had that little "mexico" badge on the rear quarters?? I was just looking at the pics in the section on here about them and noticed 2 of the cars had them. Being that i live in wisconsin, i dont get to see those cars like people in the southern states might be able to.
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

thats one of the pics i seen, i was just wondering if all of them were like that from the factory??
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

Blog Entries

Pssst...I have all those pics up, too.

I don't know if they ALL came with them, but many do seem to have them.

hi!!! the answer is yes!! all the mexican mustangs have the mexico badge.. as well as the chrysler new yorkers and some other models that were made in mexico..
    my name is rogelio and i have a 1984 mexican mustang that has the mustang nose with the capri bubble back body... flares included!! and yes..it has the mexico badge.,. i live in the borderline with eagle pass texas in a place called piedras negras thats spanish for blackstone city.. the name is because we generate electricity using mineral charcoal..
    any way if you have another question regarding mexican mustangs and mexican svos ill be happy to answer if i can
    regards!!

unfortunally theres a very few if non information about mexican mustangs in magazines or articles... there was an article that appear in an usa magazine that i cant recall.. regarding the mexican svo mustang..
    all i can tell you is that mexican svos had the 5.0 ho . with the 351 firing ignition order, two air snorkels to the carb and a 4bb carburetor, ther were no more than 500 built, and they had the 1984 25th aniversary nose with the bubble back capri body, svo badges on the sides and in the back, few where made with the coupe body, those had the same taillights as the american svo (black stripes).
    interior had a checkered pattern upholstery and a fuzzy stiled dash bezel..