Close

Default 1984 Capri RS Lower Stripes

Can anyone help me find the lower red to orange pinstripe that runs around the lower part of the 1984 Capri RS. My car is in the body shop now and I would like to find the stripe so I can supply the body shop with it.

Thanks
    1985 ASC Mclaren Coupe. Only one known with a factory sunroof and 55k miles.
    1984 Capri RS Drag Car
    1984 1/2 Anniversary Mustang GT350 w/4,700 original miles.
    2005 Ford F250 Powerstroke Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
    1993 Black Ford Lightning

Try Phoemix Graphix or Graphics Express. I think they may have those. There were some NOS ones ebay not long ago.

http://www.musclecardecals.net/ford.htm#capri_rs

http://mustang-stripes.com/mercury_capri_1979-84.asp

Call them. They supposedly can make anything.

-Mike

FEP Super Member

I can make them.

www.386designs.com

Email or PM if interested.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

Evil86lx, Do you know what I need or will I need some kind of sample? If I would need a sample I wouldn;t know where to get one or the measurements and correct colors because the stripes were painted over.

Thank You
    1984 Capri RS Drag Car

Quote Originally Posted by bluemclaren
    Evil86lx, Do you know what I need or will I need some kind of sample? If I would need a sample I wouldn;t know where to get one or the measurements and correct colors because the stripes were painted over.

Thank You
    the admin of this board (evlgt85...related to Evil86lx I believe ) has a 1984 Turbo Capri and should be able to get you pictures and measurements.

-Mike

V6DR

pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by V6DR
    pm sent
    YEah, and I forgot this guy got a new set off from ebay.

FEP Super Member

I would need at least measurement's and a picture.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

Ignore everyone else and go to www.50resto.com they have EXACTLY what you need and cheap too.
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

Mike Croke

50resto are suspicious. Skye's '85 GT was used in their magazine ads for a long time without making any attempt to contact her. 50resto has also used pictures of other folks cars as well without permission. Using pictures of peoples cars in advertising without contacting the owner of the picture is not a good basis for running a business. They took a shortcut and that makes me leery or dealing with them.

Personally, 50resto has lost our business before we spent a dime with them. Since there are other companies, there's no need to deal with them.

I'm starting to like Mustangs unlimited. They have some stuff that 50Resto does not....and they are still focused on Mustang parts and not spread out over different brands.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by capri debris
    Ignore everyone else and go to www.50resto.com they have EXACTLY what you need and cheap too.
    wait until you start spending good money on what they advertise as NOS parts, and then send you $3 universal battery cables from pep boys. Then go through a lengthy return process where you send back the improperly advertised parts at your expense.

They burned me twice, but not a third time.
    1984 Capri RS - 503rwhp/558 Ft/tq on pump gas
    1986 Mustang GT Convertible - 40k, all original

www.50resto.com don't have what I am looking for anyway. I couldn't find anyone who was reproducing the lower stripe kits for the 1984. I did find a member who sold me a NOS set. The aftermarket probably won't reproduce these kits for only one year RS option because there isn't many of these cars left, low production numbers and no demand. Thanks for the 50resto feedback information.
    1984 Capri RS Drag Car