Close

Default Document identification needed ...

Can someone tell me what kind of document is this ? Is this the title for Georgia ?
    http://www.mustangpassion.com/Forum/...d.php?id=23884

Thanks for help.

[edit: title modified]
    '79 Pace Car 5.0 (well 4.2 until better days)
    '80 Capri 2.3 (sold ) - '79 Hatchback 2.3 (sold ) - '80 Notchback 3.3 (junk yard )

Receipt for vehicle registration (plates/tags).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Ok, so it as nothing to do with the certificate title ... that's what we thought ...
    '80 Capri 2.3 (sold ) - '79 Hatchback 2.3 (sold ) - '80 Notchback 3.3 (junk yard )

Eh, nope. That's just the tag(s) and tax on it/them.

so a bud just bought a cute block of steel ... it's the only document he received with the car ...

No, the left half of it is the receipt. The right half is the registration which is signed and transferrable. That registration is for a '65 Mustang which wont have a title anyway.

You will be able to register the car with that.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

That looks the same as what NC issues for a paid registration.

I didn't know registrations were transferrable.

-Mike

Those older cars dont have titles so the only way to transfer them is through the registration. Here in NY anything older than '74 gets a transferrable registration only. No title.

There might be some directions on the back of that paper.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '17 F250

Quote Originally Posted by gregpro50
    Those older cars dont have titles so the only way to transfer them is through the registration. Here in NY anything older than '74 gets a transferrable registration only. No title.

There might be some directions on the back of that paper.
    Don't you need a Bill of Sale?

I know in NYS, we transferred the 64.5 with what I thought was a DMV form for a Bill of Sale which was signed by both parties....not simply a registration slip.

-Mike

Well technically you need a bill of sale but the most important thing you need is proof of ownership which that signed registration represents. You can always write your own bill of sale on some scrap piece of paper.

You are supposed to have both. Proof of ownership and a bill of sale but the bill of sale isnt that important. I didnt get a bill of sale with the SVO but I wont have a problem registering it.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '17 F250

Blog Entries

Since that paperwork is from Georgia, it is as close to a title for that car as they get. Anything Model Year 85 or older is title optional. I went through a big ordeal because of that on my 84 Turbo RS.

What I had to do was get documentation from the state of Georgia (had to call them, talk to a couple of people and then send them a check for a few bucks so they'd send the letter) proving that there is no title for that vehicle due to it's age.

Is there a place on Internet where there's an explanation of each state specificities on vehicule registration ? Or better, a gallery of title/registration documents samples ? I searched, but couldn't find. It'll be a good help for us overseas when we import vintages.

Blog Entries

Not really, it's pretty much a state-by-state thing and it can change from year to year. There are fewer and fewer title-optional type states left. It'd be hard to keep up with all 50 states.

Here's Georgia:
    http://www.dmvs.ga.gov/motor/titles/required.asp

and more:

http://www.dmvs.ga.gov/motor/

Best thing to do is do a search for that state's motor vehicle division. Unfortunately, they're under everything from 'Secretary of State' to 'Motor Vehicle Division' to 'Department of Motor Vehicle Safety' to 'Department of Motor Vehicles.' Usually something on the document will give you some good clues.

Try this out, Tux: http://www.4dmv.com/
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch

Travis T

Quote Originally Posted by negusm
    That looks the same as what NC issues for a paid registration.

I didn't know registrations were transferrable.

-Mike
    They're not in NC.

Why do states do this sh*t differently?? I have a title for my 65 from here in Cali.
    Brian
    82 GLX
    EFI 302/AOD out of an 88 Crown Vic.
    Notchback.
    Marlo's Frame and Alignment
    Frame and Suspension Shop as seen in 5.0 Magazine, Mustang Monthly, Mustang & Fords, etc.
    All Mustang and Ford Club of So Cal

Thanks all for information. It'll help us a bit for future imports

Thanks all for information. It'll help us a bit for future imports