Close

Default WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM PRESTIGE MUSTANG PARTS!!

I purchased two doors and a decklid for my 20th Anny vert from Prestige Mustang Parts in Georgia. I was assured they would be clean, straight, rust free doors. Including shipping I paid a total of $950. What I received were two dented, damaged doors and an unusable decklid. The autobody owner I have working on the 20th Anny tells me the doors are so dented he would have to cover both of them with bondo to use them at all. The owner of Prestige refuses to either refund my money or offer any alternative.

Don't get ripped off like I did-avoid Prestige Mustang Parts in Georgia. I love this car and I am prepared to pay good money to restore it. I just don't want other Fox body enthusiasts to end up with the same problem I now have.

Default Re: WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM PRESTIGE MUSTANG PARTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by 20th Anny&SVO
    I purchased two doors and a decklid for my 20th Anny vert from Prestige Mustang Parts in Georgia. I was assured they would be clean, straight, rust free doors. Including shipping I paid a total of $950. What I received were two dented, damaged doors and an unusable decklid. The autobody owner I have working on the 20th Anny tells me the doors are so dented he would have to cover both of them with bondo to use them at all. The owner of Prestige refuses to either refund my money or offer any alternative.

Don't get ripped off like I did-avoid Prestige Mustang Parts in Georgia. I love this car and I am prepared to pay good money to restore it. I just don't want other Fox body enthusiasts to end up with the same problem I now have.
    Call your credit card and file a chargeback. They sent you garbage. I'm sure your body guy will back up your side of the story.
    2R '85 GT 'vert - VIN code M fuel injected 5.0 HO

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.
    - William James

Neither here nor there

Default Re: WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM PRESTIGE MUSTANG PARTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by frankiesaysrelax
    Quote Originally Posted by 20th Anny&SVO

Call your credit card and file a chargeback. They sent you garbage. I'm sure your body guy will back up your side of the story.
    Good advice....it probably will work.

I would concurr to duspute the charges for the items recieved. I did it once in the past with a company in England that sent me all kinds of junk(used interior parts for my mach 1, advertised as very good condition) and would not pay to have them return shipped.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Thanks for the comments. I have already contested the charge on my AMEX card and they have suspended the payment until it is investigated. I also offered to work out an alternative with the owner of Prestige but he won't cooperate.

Todd (the owner of Prestige) is typically quite the ass so I'm not surprised by any of this.
    1982 GLX 5.0/4-speed Coupe with T-Tops (L O N G term restoration/modification project)
    1996 Pacific Green GT 5-Speed Coupe

Oh, so there's another asshole yard (MPS being the other) in the Atlanta area hoarding Mustang parts. No wonder I can never find any *decent* stuff in the yards around here.

Where is this place located. Sounds like a few of us need to go have a talk with Todd...

Nevermind...I see they're in Clarkston. I can't beleive how many cars they have as "parts" cars simply because the motor is blown or there's high mileage on the car. Good grief!

They're on the "Wall of Shame" at SVOCA.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

I also offered to work out an alternative with the owner of Prestige but he won't cooperate.
    No need, now that you've got the upper hand. Tell them they can pay to have it all hauled back, or you can take it to the dump for them - their choice.
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch

The only good mustang place in atlanta that I know of is metro mustang, they have never done me or my dad wrong.
    1979 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car
    Modified Mustangs Aug, 2006 Feature Car

2016 Shelby GT350

2015 F150 2.7 Ecoboost

Well shipping might cost a bunch, but I know I can find you a clean decklid at one of the yards around here. There was a notch in there today with one, no holes or luggage rack, no rust or dents. If you'd be interested in something like that, shoot me a PM and we could work something out.

I wish I could say I came across doors too, but those are a long shot.
    1994 GT

Thanks for all the suggestions. At this point I am waiting to get my money back before I spend any more on replacement parts.

BTW, I emailed Todd with this link to let him know his and Prestige's poor business practices are getting aired. Naturally there was no reply.

I also want to get this word out to other Mustang forums. Any suggestions?

Let the Better Business Bureau know too
    1994 GT

I am on the 82to 93 regristry...you could pass it along to them...I dont know how to do it
    crusin cool, and now that I got a mustang,crusin fast too.....
    1986 Mustang SVO 1985 EXP turbo coupe

www.rioking.50megs.com