It's about time somebody picked up on this. The Fox Mustang, especially the 4 eyed 'Stangs" are becoming the "new" Mustang Restomods. Whether it sounds strange or not they are the new classic Mustang..."modern classics" if you want. Yeah the 79-93 Mustangs will never be a 67 Fastback or a 70 Boss 302 which is the way it should be BUT they carry their own mystique - "The 5 point 0" or 5.0. The 5.0 Mustang is I believe (correct me if I'm wrong please) the best selling Mustang EVER according to sales figures. Anybody ever ask you what you drive all you have to say is - "yeah, I still have one of those 5.0s...." and the reply is usually something like "Oh yeah sweet...what year? GT or an LX?"
They're classics whether anybody wants to agree or not. Hell my 85 LX is over 20 years old!
Anyways, check out 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine March 2006 issue. On page 16 under 5.0 Bench Racer...it talks about "Fox-Rodding" and the beginning of the Fox Restomod Era. It's a neat article by Steve Turner. It really says a lot and I think this could possibly be a theme that the magazine could add or even take on as a magazine and would definately get me more pumped if they focused even part of the magazine on Fox Mustangs and restomodding. There's also a great article on a super clean black LX hatch with Ferrari wheels and some really unique hot rod mods done to it and the article reads as this is what a restomod Mustang could be. There's also a great article on a super clean 1980 Capri with my favorite RS hood, a saleen rear wing and Cobra Rs. There's even an interesting little home made chin spoiler bolted up to it. It's a musta have issue. Go buy it.

What are everyone's thoughts on the whole Restomod Mustang movement - Hot Rod Fox Bodies? Sounds cool!

John