Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

*singing small world*..................

Lets face it. Its not to hard to guess when there are only a couple of these cars around. Its hard to believe just how low the numbers are really. Think about less then one per state built. Now think about less then a dozen known to exist.

If you look at the Gt350 site, there are pictures of mine and Morgans car together. Other then the pics of my two on my site, you probley will never see any others again till yours is done.

Now thats rare.

I see where your goign with the Saleen thing.

Here is the issue. They were never a public car. You knew they existed, in magazines. In most states you just never saw them until the late 90's.

Hard to feel a bond with one if you never even see it.

That and they were bought by collectors, and kept by collectors. When most are kept preserved , it makes it easier to find nice ones. When most of a collection stays nice, they price will be a little high, but not as high as if they were hard to find.

Great joke,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Why do all Saleens have visors mirrors?

Because their owners use them!

84 20th Anny 2.3Turbo #1978
    84 Turbo GT 11.70@120MPH 418RWHP
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles
    96 Mystic Cobra Terminator swap

what about my poor lonly 83 RS TURBO nice find on the anny
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Quote Originally Posted by 83rsturbo
    Car guys love capri's.

We LOVE Capri's.

Collectors probley wont.

Not being mean, but if I was forced to speculate the future worth of these cars, I dont think I would have a Capri on the list.

They will go up of course, but not to the "holy grail" status that we are talking (speculating) about.
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 83rsturbo
    Car guys love capri's.

We LOVE Capri's.

Collectors probley wont.

Not being mean, but if I was forced to speculate the future worth of these cars, I dont think I would have a Capri on the list.

They will go up of course, but not to the "holy grail" status that we are talking (speculating) about.
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles

[quote="RichV"]
    Quote Originally Posted by rnjstel

You don't think Saleen cars will be valuable?!? Huh, where should I start. Are Shelby Mustangs valuable? Yes they are.

The Predators will fetch top dollar too but the Saleen has a huge racing history (like Shelby) and is not some "one time, one year deal". The Saleens have been around since the mid 80s and been bred from race cars of the day. The 84-86 cars were raced pretty much in the same form as the production cars.

Sorry to hijack this, the GT350 is an awesome save! I'm sure you'll get your hands dirty. One hell of a find!!!
    No hijack, and not looking to say anything against the Saleen cars heck Id love to have a 4-eyed early one myself.

I just believe that 20 years in the future, Saleens will be viewed as a "tuner" car. The triple R racing, SCCA and everything aside Steve Saleen right or wrong is no Caroll Shelby. When you think of Shelby, what flashes in your mind? Cobra, Daytona Coupe, GT-40 GT-350, GT-500. The "gone in second 60 second" remake has about elevated anything Shelby to mythical status. Think Steve Saleen and if you are not a hard-core SCCA type guy, Tim Allen fan or gearhead, you might think washing machine salesman?

The Solomon cars have the Shelby-American lineage that automatically gives them a big bump. Like I said, maybe I am out in Pluto on this one but I just think that is what the future will hold. The other bizzare one I cant figure out is why nobody wants the Chrysler Shelbys.

Also, I think GT350R may have hit the nail on the head. Unlike Shelby's who outside of SCCA racing ever really ran across a Saleen (non SN-95 or up) on the street or stop-light drag strip.
    84.5 5.0 5spd Non-Air T-top AE
    84.5 2.3 Turbo 5spd w/Air T-Top AE
    03 Mach 1

[quote="RichV"]
    Quote Originally Posted by rnjstel

You don't think Saleen cars will be valuable?!? Huh, where should I start. Are Shelby Mustangs valuable? Yes they are.

The Predators will fetch top dollar too but the Saleen has a huge racing history (like Shelby) and is not some "one time, one year deal". The Saleens have been around since the mid 80s and been bred from race cars of the day. The 84-86 cars were raced pretty much in the same form as the production cars.

Sorry to hijack this, the GT350 is an awesome save! I'm sure you'll get your hands dirty. One hell of a find!!!
    No hijack, and not looking to say anything against the Saleen cars heck Id love to have a 4-eyed early one myself.

I just believe that 20 years in the future, Saleens will be viewed as a "tuner" car. The triple R racing, SCCA and everything aside Steve Saleen right or wrong is no Caroll Shelby. When you think of Shelby, what flashes in your mind? Cobra, Daytona Coupe, GT-40 GT-350, GT-500. The "gone in second 60 second" remake has about elevated anything Shelby to mythical status. Think Steve Saleen and if you are not a hard-core SCCA type guy, Tim Allen fan or gearhead, you might think washing machine salesman?

The Solomon cars have the Shelby-American lineage that automatically gives them a big bump. Like I said, maybe I am out in Pluto on this one but I just think that is what the future will hold. The other bizzare one I cant figure out is why nobody wants the Chrysler Shelbys.

Also, I think GT350R may have hit the nail on the head. Unlike Shelby's who outside of SCCA racing ever really ran across a Saleen (non SN-95 or up) on the street or stop-light drag strip.
    03 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by GT350R

Lets face it. Its not to hard to guess when there are only a couple of these cars around. Its hard to believe just how low the numbers are really. Think about less then one per state built. Now think about less then a dozen known to exist.

If you look at the Gt350 site, there are pictures of mine and Morgans car together. Other then the pics of my two on my site, you probley will never see any others again till yours is done.

Now thats rare.

Here is the issue. They were never a public car. You knew they existed, in magazines. In most states you just never saw them until the late 90's.

That and they were bought by collectors, and kept by collectors. When most are kept preserved , it makes it easier to find nice ones. When most of a collection stays nice, they price will be a little high, but not as high as if they were hard to find.

Thanks for the info, I might need your help when I get to it. Luckily I have my own NGS and EEC Break out boxes, plus a good chunk of expierence with XR4Ti's. I usually bring the Mach1 to Carlisle but, I am going to bring the GT-350 (my 5.0 car, this one in 2011 maybe) along this year as well. We live just outside of Gettysburg about 40 minutes away and have alot of property. Maybe we can get some sort of side GT-350 reunion/cookout for Saturday night (if its not raining as usual)

Here are some more shots.
    03 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by GT350R

Now thats rare.

Thanks for the info, I might need your help when I get to it. Luckily I have my own NGS and EEC Break out boxes, plus a good chunk of expierence with XR4Ti's. I usually bring the Mach1 to Carlisle but, I am going to bring the GT-350 (my 5.0 car, this one in 2011 maybe) along this year as well. We live just outside of Gettysburg about 40 minutes away and have alot of property. Maybe we can get some sort of side GT-350 reunion/cookout for Saturday night (if its not raining as usual)

Here are some more shots.
    03 Mach 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12