Close

Default Door molding pin-stripe color question

I have a black '82 GT that was original with a red interior. The pinstriping on the door moldings was red as well.

I have also seen black '82 GTs with black interiors that have silver pinstriping on the door moldings.

Does the pinstriping on the moldings correspond with the color of the interior of the car or the exterior paint color? I am switching the interior over to black and I want to make sure to put the right moldings on that would have been original should the car have been made factory with the black interior.

I cant seem to figure this out because I have never seen a red '82 GT with any other color pinstriping in the moldings than red no matter what the interior color is.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Liter...or_book_19.jpg

This is the 1982 Upholstery Book for Capris.

Note that there are two stripes. There are "accent stripes" which are pinstripes and boldy side moulding stripes (which is what you want).

It says that the body side moulding stripe will be color coordinated with the accent stripe. The customer could not choose the body side moulding stripe.

However, they could choos the accent stripe and those codes are show above based on exterior color AND interior color.

The Mustang was probably similar if not the same.

-Mike

Man that chart is tough to follow only because I cant picture some of the weird names for some of the colors but after about 15minutes of studying it I think I understand.

I am assuming if it was black on black then I would want the silver pinstriping because nothing else on the car would be red. I am amazed with the complicated little things you dont even think about when putting a car together.
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

FEP Supporter

North of Seattle, near the "Four-Eye-Field-of-Dreams"

My son's 82 Capri RS is red with a black interior and the stripes on the wide black body mouldings are red.....on his orange 79 Capri ghia with black interior, the stripes are silver....on my 79 RS that has white interior and blue carpet and dash, the stripes are blue.....
    There is a blue 81 RS in the junk yard with blue interior and it's stripes are white....

Neil
    Check out the Northwest "4-Eye" BBQ here >>> WWW.NWFOUREYEBBQ.COM

foureyebbq@hotmail.com (to be put on the BBQ list )

Lots of pics of my ride for your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2052657/1