Close

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

86 mustang gt, two owner, arizona car and completely original...exept for the flowmaster mufflers and tips.. even have the cover that covers your hatch area, and original spare..

FEP Power Member

Default Two

I have an 84 SVO which I bought new and now has 24,000 miles. It is shown in the MCA unrestored class. Second one is an 85 McLaren Capri (cfi) convertible which has 115,000 miles on it. Some normal replacement parts like the exhaust and a repaint. I show that as well.

FEP Supporter

North of Seattle, near the "Four-Eye-Field-of-Dreams"

Kevin, please be kind to us and post pictures. My son is a SVO owner also, and would like to see them. (SchoolBoy)

Neil
    Check out the Northwest "4-Eye" BBQ here >>> WWW.NWFOUREYEBBQ.COM

foureyebbq@hotmail.com (to be put on the BBQ list )

Lots of pics of my ride for your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2052657/1

Default Mustang 1986 Convertible

Stock 1986 Ford Mustang 3.8/auto/loaded red over black. 80K

I believe it to be totally original with exceptions of: tires, hoses, belt and spark plug wires/cap.

Original owner 86 GT vert. 5 spd, 18k miles, only mod is Hurst shifter, otherwise as it came off the assembly line.
    Andy G.
    1986 Mustang GT vert, 2R, original owner, 5 spd, 19k miles
    1986 Mustang SVO, 1C, comp prep, 3rd owner, 48k miles
    1989 Ranger GT -SOLD-
    2004 T-Bird, triple black, SST

FEP User
    Alberta, Canada ( optional shipping to Idaho Falls, ID )

Default all original

I have a Canadian model 1986 GT convertible which my insurance company calls a Cobra. It's 9L white and GQ white leather / regatta blue interior. THe Buck Tag Shows a code GTR instead of GT or GTC which i have seen on other cars.

Other than tires and maybe exhaust it is absolutely bone stock with 190,000 km on it - upper rad hose and plug wires appear stock.

i'd say it's 90% original paint and i'm guessing that the hood was painted as there is no GT hood decal. I have also been told that a convertible could come as a decal delete car so if anyone has the code for it i'd love to know. OE paint was also re-touched below the door trim.

the top has a hole and will be done this summer.

I regret feeling a need to subframe ( and tower brace ) the car because she's a squirmy little minx in the corners.

John

pm me for questions.. ( or answers )

Last edited by johnjohn; 05-19-2011 at 09:46 PM.

FEP User
    Alberta, Canada ( optional shipping to Idaho Falls, ID )

x

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn View Post
    I have a Canadian model 1986 GT convertible which my insurance company calls a Cobra. It's 9L white and GQ white leather / regatta blue interior. THe Buck Tag Shows a code GTR instead of GT or GTC which i have seen on other cars.

Other than tires and maybe exhaust it is absolutely bone stock with 190,000 km on it - upper rad hose and plug wires appear stock.

i'd say it's 90% original paint and i'm guessing that the hood was painted as there is no GT hood decal. I have also been told that a convertible could come as a decal delete car so if anyone has the code for it i'd love to know. OE paint was also re-touched below the door trim.

the top has a hole and will be done this summer.

I regret feeling a need to subframe ( and tower brace ) the car because she's a squirmy little minx in the corners.

John

pm me for questions.. ( or answers )
    I know less about Mustangs and even less about the Canadian Mustangs. But I know in at least 86 they were considered Cobras in canada. So I would assume that the "GT" should NOT be shown on your car.

-Mike

Default Just bought a 1980 Stang Conv. 35K miles, All Stock

Folks,

I just bought one. Bone stock, 35K original miles. It is an Intermeccanica Convertible Conversion. Original paint, radio, carpet, lights, belts hoses, etc. Anything you want to know, I will try to provide. I just ordered the 999 from Ford. It will be here in 4 weeks. Looking to have it repainted as it has some parking lot dings and the former owner was a little league coach. Interior is absolutely Mint. Need to find a source to replace the weathered top.

It's a 200 6, auto with AC, tilt and cassette radio, deluxe interior, has the systems monitor that works. Buzzers that work. Even the original aluminum two sets of factory keys! The only thing changed are the wheels. The original TRX's were swapped to 86 10 hole aluminums. I would have done the same since TRX tires are now $379 each!

...Norm

FEP Supporter

Welcome to the site, Norm. I saw that you posted 2 pics of the car, so I am copying them here for all to see. If you ever get the urge to drive up to northern Washington state, look me and the kid up.

Neil

got two mostly original cars.

1986 LX 3.8 CFI/ AOD Convertable 5th owner with all reciepts minus window tag!!! Only mods...15" chrome molly's, cd player, and some jackass's decision to macco paint the car grey from a sky blue original color. the engine is soon to be replaced with a 3.8 SC from a 1990 supercoup. I will be retaining the engine for restoration purposes later in life.

1984 Capri 3.8/ 4 spd auto tranny. unknown history as I just bought it this weekend for $500. Title says salvage rebuilt. body is awesome,drove her home. smog system has been removed with heater core bypassed. this is an a/c delete car. it has a rs hood with appropriate paint but definately been repainted at some point. don't know much about capris just like foxes so i had to have her especially at her price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by efd guido View Post
    I just picked up an '85 GT 'vert w/ 60K. It's really in pretty good shape but a PO resto-modded it. Luckily I was able to get most of the original parts that came off of it, including springs, exhaust, shifter and carb. My plan is to slowly return it to factory or at least close. Where were the rear factory speakers mounted? What size were they? A pic would be great.
    Thanks, Guido
    Never saw this answered: early fox Verts did not have rear speakers until 1987 to my knowledge Only speakers in 83-86 verts were 3.5" in the dash - yeah, that ROCKS

BTW - I have a 1982 GT with 13k miles that I bought from the original owner. I've known the owner since he bought it and can say with confidence its is 99% stock - only thing changed was the battery and spark plugs.

I also have a 1985 GT Vert with just over 40K original miles. The car is all stock except the exhaust and I added halo headrests to the leather seats (still have the originals).

If you need any detailed pics, info or part numbers for either let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Jason
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

The 86's definately have rear speakers. They are located behind the carpet on the sides below the armrest. The 85's are probably similar, but earlier then that, I don't know about.
    Andy G.
    1986 Mustang GT vert, 2R, original owner, 5 spd, 19k miles
    1986 Mustang SVO, 1C, comp prep, 3rd owner, 48k miles
    1989 Ranger GT -SOLD-
    2004 T-Bird, triple black, SST

Quote Originally Posted by Capri86Dave View Post
    My GLX now has 1983-era Ontario tags as well!
    Now THATS cool!
    1985 Mustang GT:
    347 stroker
    Holley 750 double pumper
    xe274hr comp cam
    Victor jr. intake
    RPM aluminum heads
    roller rockers
    equal length shorty headers
    electric fan
    afco aluminum radiator
    american thunder series flowmasters
    pace setter off road h-pipe
    chrome OEM cobra rims

Quote Originally Posted by 86GT2r View Post
    The 86's definately have rear speakers. They are located behind the carpet on the sides below the armrest. The 85's are probably similar, but earlier then that, I don't know about.
    Well, very interesting....no rear speakers in my car.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

My signature pretty much says it all. Base 85 GT Conv, owned since 86. 5.0 4bbl (federal emissions car), 5 speed, all original with exception of 8.8 rear (7.5 handgrenaded in '94) and Kenny Brown subframe connectors. Originally came with am/fm stereo, no cassette. cruise, tilt, window cranks, cloth interior. Jalapeno red with black top, charcoal interior. Still have original top, exhaust and clutch with 123K on car although I plan on changing exhaust and top soon. Only components to fail (besides rear) was waterpump, battery, starter solenoid, radiator heater core (3X - luckily no AC), rebuilt carb 1x, and intake gasket 1X, oh yeah, the left side convertible top hydraulics. And I've always had trouble with the Marchal fog lights, mainly the metal on the bulbs warping and losing contact.
    '85 Mustang GT Convertible, Jalapeno Red, Charcoal Int., Black Top, 5.0 H.O., 4 bbl , 5 speed, No AC, All original except for 8.8 Motorsport rr w/3.55 gears & subframe connectors. Owned since 'August 86. 1 of 574.

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

I have 4 84s. 2 are completely stock. One is a tan 5.0 GT that is original with 64k mi and the other is an anniversary turbo hatchback with 89k mi both sport their factory paint (other than the hood blackout on the vert done before delivery by the dealer). I rarely drive the tan convert but I drive the turbo hatch all the time. Just replaced the steering rack and shocks and struts (all stock pieces) so it drives like a new 84. I even have the stock radios in them both and the anniversary car I drive around with TRXs. I rarely put them in public parking lots. I have reams of paperwork on them both but the anniversary has the sticker, build sheet and a couple of pictures of the car on the show floor in TX. They're really fun cars.

I'm not sure about the GT Vert's, but both my '83 GLX Verts had speakers in the rear of the doors with an angled grill over them. They both had the "premium" sound system. Not sure if that rear door speakers were part of the "premium" sound or just a vert thing in '83. Hope that helps

Sean
    United We 'Stang

'79 Capri RS Turbo (Original and Running)
    '79 Capri Roller (Project - needs parts)
    '83 GT 5.0 T-Top (Project - Running) (Currently the restoration victim)
    '85 GT 5.0 Vert (Project)
    '84 SVO (Project - Not Running)
    '86 SVO (Project - Running)

Former Mustangs

'71 Mach1 429 (Sold - Still Missed) ..... '73 Grande 351c (Sold)
    '75 Mustang II Mach1 (Sold) .............. '83 GLX Vert (Wrecked)
    '83 GLX Vert (Rusted away) ............... '83 GT T-Top (Parted and Scrapped)
    '85 GT T-Top (Sold) ........................... '86 Hatchback (Sold)
    '84 Thunderbird FILA Edition (Sold)

My 84 GT 'vert has fact. speakers in the rear panels behind the carpet, as do both of my 86's. The 84 had premium sound (I assume, since the amp switch is still there) but no idea on the 86's. From junkyard observation I believe the door speakers were 83 only, but not 100% sure.
    86 GT vert
    86 LX vert
    86 coupe

Quote Originally Posted by myler View Post
    Now THATS cool!
    Yeah - very cool that most states are starting to allow this on vintage rides. My 82 and 85 now both sport original "year correct" plates with the actual expiration stickers for that year. People look at them at shows and ask how I get away with it....its legal now
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

guess Ill post up here Im amazed at so many nice fox's that havent been raped

I have a 79 capri, 2.3, auto, no A/C, all manual, brakes, steering, windows, locks, am only radio, center dash only speaker, even the seats dont recline! it does have a rear wiper, rear defogger, rear anti sway bar. the only thing I know has been changed is the ties/wheels. it still has the first and only plate ever bolted to it!! the plate doesnt have month sticker, it is stamped into it!!

Last edited by In2Fords; 03-05-2009 at 10:52 PM.

FEP Supporter

DROOOOOL................damn.... the west coast have the survivors, don't we ??

Neil

wow! real nice!

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

I have my 1983 crimson cat, original right down to the exhaust and CA emissions crap. Only thing changed is the wheels.
    1983 Mercury Capri Crimson Cat 5.0 4 speed t tops
    1986 Mercury Capri GS 5.0 5 speed
    4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, flowmaster cat back, fms headers, pro 5.0 shifter, tokico suspension, o/r h-pipe
    1990 Ford Mustang notch 5.0 5 speed
    pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear, ud pulleys, prothane mounts, mac headers, flowmaster cat back, o/r h-pipe, lowered
    1971 IH Scout 800b all original 232 thrift six 3 speed
    1992 Honda Civic VX 1.5 vtecE 5 spd
    2001 Honda Insight Hybrid.. Best ave. 87.1 mpg!!!!!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast