Close

Default Rear wiper/speaker ?

I am restoring my 79 Cobra, and could not locate any rear interior quarter panels without speaker holes. I have a set with speaker holes but does anybody know...
    Did all Mustangs with rear wipers and rear washer fluid come without rear speakers? I pose this question because on the driver's side, where the washer resevoir is, there doesn't look to be room for a rear speaker.
    83 Mercury Capri RS, 91 Mustang Gt 'vert, 04 CO Mach 1

The Capri 1979 product fact book does not say that the rear wiper option conflicts with the option to get the rear speakers.

It does say that the rear lovers cannot be had with the rear wiper and vice versa.

The only restriction to the audio system seems to be that the AM Radio with Digital Clock was not allowed with the console.

Honestly, the stock rear speakers do not take up much depth at all back there. I bet you would be surprised that they fit with the bottle. Aftermarket speakers probably take up a whole lot more room.

-Mike

I have both on the Pace Car, no conflicts.
    '79 Pace Car 5.0 (well 4.2 until better days)
    '80 Capri 2.3 (sold ) - '79 Hatchback 2.3 (sold ) - '80 Notchback 3.3 (junk yard )