Close

Default Radiator core support

Anybody replaced one in an LTD (LX)? Same part as the Mustang/Capri?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

DeanT had tossed a Fairmont radiator in a 84 Mustang. The Mustang tank on the passengers side of the radiator is different than the Fairmont/LTD (LX). You would need to change the rubber gasket/pad on that clamp that bolts to the radiator support for it to look right. DeanT removed the smaller rubber pad so the Fairmont radiator would fit. So, with that said... I'm sure it'll fit since an LTD LX is basically a Fairmont.

Edit: Ok, I have no idea why that picture isn't showing.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

Quote Originally Posted by Marz
    DeanT had tossed a Fairmont radiator in a 84 Mustang. The Mustang tank on the passengers side of the radiator is different than the Fairmont/LTD (LX). You would need to change the rubber gasket/pad on that clamp that bolts to the radiator support for it to look right. DeanT removed the smaller rubber pad so the Fairmont radiator would fit. So, with that said... I'm sure it'll fit since an LTD LX is basically a Fairmont.

Edit: Ok, I have no idea why that picture isn't showing.
    Radiator CORE SUPPORT, not radiator.

James Peterson used a Mustang core support to replace the stock one on his LTD LX that he bought wrecked. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
    85 Ford LTD LX: Four eyes and Four doors

EFI swap, AFR 165 heads, 5-speed conversion, Cobra brakes, etc.