Close

Default New Member with Pictures

Hey guys, Im new here and Im loving this site, just what I was looking for, anyway enough about me. Here is my baby, a 1986 GT Hatchback with a T-5, Its been in my family since 86 and the only mods are the new headlights (only installed one on the drivers side, the others are in the back), a new windshield I got today, an Optima battery and a Ford Racing clutch, I also ordered the tail lights and should be here tommorow, in fact I still have the original spark plug wires . and I took off the hub caps because I live in a shady neighborhood .My dad had a little fender bender in the front with a Jeeps rear end

heh. The previous owner of my car works at Pearson's parts counter.
    85 Ford LTD LX: Four eyes and Four doors

EFI swap, AFR 165 heads, 5-speed conversion, Cobra brakes, etc.

I like that car. I would love to get my hands on a car in that shape to restore. It could be a real show winner.

besides some slight rust in the sail panels, its in great shape, the paint even shines with just a good wash, I plan to restore it and try to win some trophies with this baby, hmmm maybe in the classic category, it takes 20 years for a car to be considered 'classic' doesnt it? I would also like to know if there is a body shop specifically for Fox Mustangs? like paint and decals etc. I'd like to restore it as close as possible down to the decals and trim

Sweet dude.
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Quote Originally Posted by F8LBITE79
    I like that car. I would love to get my hands on a car in that shape to restore. It could be a real show winner.
    definatley!! great project!
    85 STANG GT