Close

Default Parts that make up a T-Top Hatchback...

I'm trying to restore an 84 GT T-Top and need pretty much everything that was part of the T-Top package.

The only thing this car has that is good are the t-tops themselves with the weatherstripping that is on it.

I need to know what parts I need to restore this car. Anyone have pics of all the parts?

I need pics like the W.S. that goes on the A-Pillars plus the brackets underneath the W.S., the pieces that go on the 1/4 panel plus pics of the plates underneath that. W.S. that goes on the roof, just below the t-tops, like for the channels and stuff.

This GT is pretty much shot and pieces ARE missing. The A-Pillars and 1/4panels have screws left as if "plates" were removed that held the weatherstripping.

Any info anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    1996 3.8L Sonic Blue Coupe

I also have an 84 GT T-top that needs new T-Top seals. 50 Resto sells the complete kit for around $220.

On part 54781, the area that goes down the a-pillar, is there suppose to be a backing plate to it? If not, how is the weatherstripping secured to the body.
    1996 3.8L Sonic Blue Coupe

Yes, there is a channel that is screwed to the A pillar and B pillar that holds the weatherstripping to the car.

Oh, and www.mustangsunlimited.com has the big weatherstripping pieces for $69.99 and $79.99 a side part number 54781. I got them for my car a couple of weeks ago.