Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by slickshift
    You didn't get a TPS OOSpec code, and that was OOSpec for sure, prolly not "enough" for the ECU to spit up a trouble code

Enjoy your idle
    Thanks.

If you recall from this thread, Anthony suggested I check my TPS voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiesaysrelax
    TPS is ~1.0 v. I hear SD engines run best about .95 so I may reset this later with a digital meter. Over 1.0 is supposed to cause idle problems, especially in SD systems. However, this is NOT the root of my problem.
    With that in mind, I immediately suspected some had performed the infamous ricer "TPS mod". Supposedly, setting the TPS to .98v at idle is supposed to increase throttle response and power output. The problem is that if TPS voltage goes over 1.0v at idle on a speed density system,your engine will surge and even stall. This is a particularly bad thing to do to a speed density system, because, as we all know, it imputes airflow from the MAP and TPS. TPS should never be set above .95v on a speed density 5.0. I didn't even bother setting it, I just loosened it, let it snap itself back, and then tightened up the screws. I now have a nice steady 750 rpm idle and the butt-o-meter noticed no loss in power or throttle response. Nuff said.
    2R '85 GT 'vert - VIN code M fuel injected 5.0 HO

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.
    - William James

I reset the timing, drove the car around for a few days , checked the codes, and did another KOEO and KOER yesterday.

Continuous memory and KOEO have no codes present

KOER returns only the one Code 94. At this point it is safe to assume that the thermactor passages in the head are clogged. I don't think anything can be done about that short of pulling the head, which ain't happening.

If anyone know of some other method of cleaning the thermactor passages, I'm all ears. Otherwise, the left bank thermactor is going to remain inoperative until I swap in the H/C/I '87 engine.
    2R '85 GT 'vert - VIN code M fuel injected 5.0 HO

The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.
    - William James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12