Close

Default The New Shoes are on!!

85 STANG GT

Wow! Nice shoes. If I ever go 5 lug in the future, and decide against FR500 wheels, those are what Ill be rollin on too. Good Stuff Dude!
    Joe E.

thanks

but those are 4 lug, found em on ebay.

85 STANG GT

oh your the guy who got the custom done 4 lugs. I remember a few months ago about that thread. Nice grab! The wheels look awsome!. Im thinking about taking my corba Rs and taping off the face and leaving it sliver and painting everything else behind it black. I love that dual color look.
    Joe E.
    Have any plans on droping that front end alittle?

Quote Originally Posted by joelliott
    oh your the guy who got the custom done 4 lugs. I remember a few months ago about that thread. Nice grab! The wheels look awsome!. Im thinking about taking my corba Rs and taping off the face and leaving it sliver and painting everything else behind it black. I love that dual color look.
    Joe E.
    Have any plans on droping that front end alittle?
    yep that was me i watched that auction constantly and bidded 700 at the very end.

that would look pretty good i think.

i painted mine semi-flat black. gives them more of a 5 spoke look i think.

85 STANG GT

Yeah ok. Can you explain the process in your picts? Im not sure whats goin on there. Looks like you covered up what you wanted to paint? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Joe E.

i painted the insets black to make them look more like 5 spoke rims.

heres a pic before i painted them.
    85 STANG GT

FEP Member

You paid $700 for those wheels? Not flaming, but wouldnt it have been a better investment to go ahead and convert over to 5 lug(perfer sn95) and find some 94/95 or 98 GT special edition wheels?

Just wondering on why you stayed 4 lug.
    "Sometimes the "majority" only means all the fools are on the same side."

2004 F-150- RC SWB 5.4 Vortech Supercharged
    1984 GT-350 - EFI, Hellion Turbo, NX
    1979 Indy 500 Pace Car- Money Pit

no i only paid $500 for the wheels and $625 all together with shipping. i put my max bid as 700 at the end so no-one would outbid me.

didnt have the cash to get new wheels, tires AND do a 5 lug conversion, plus i didnt really want to
    85 STANG GT

FEP Member

Ok i gotcha. I was just wondering because im about to do a 5 lug conversion with some 94/95 cobra wheels+tires for about that much. Thought maybe you knew something I didnt.
    "Sometimes the "majority" only means all the fools are on the same side."

2004 F-150- RC SWB 5.4 Vortech Supercharged
    1984 GT-350 - EFI, Hellion Turbo, NX
    1979 Indy 500 Pace Car- Money Pit

Whats up Woody, sorry for not replyin lately. Had no net! sucked.

Anyway, What I was askin about is the covering you put over the wheel.In picts #5 and 6 (counting from the top post), theres the cloth covering. Not sure what that is and its use. Did you use tape and cover the areas you didnt want black? And did you use the wheel paint that out on the market? Later man.

Im stayin 4 lug too. I dont see any reason excpet rim selection to go 5 lug. There are brake kits out there for us and enough wheel selection for me right now. I actually just had new 4 lug axles in the rear installed when the gears were put in. And Im still tryin to gather parts for the 87 gt brake swap also 4 lug.

Have a good one.
    Joe E.

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

I never knew there were(are?) 4-lug versions of that rim available! Any info or history? Are they still available? thanks in advance!

P.S. they look good on your car.... But, chrome would look better with the black paint too me..
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Quote Originally Posted by joelliott
    Whats up Woody, sorry for not replyin lately. Had no net! sucked.

Anyway, What I was askin about is the covering you put over the wheel.In picts #5 and 6 (counting from the top post), theres the cloth covering. Not sure what that is and its use. Did you use tape and cover the areas you didnt want black? And did you use the wheel paint that out on the market? Later man.

Im stayin 4 lug too. I dont see any reason excpet rim selection to go 5 lug. There are brake kits out there for us and enough wheel selection for me right now. I actually just had new 4 lug axles in the rear installed when the gears were put in. And Im still tryin to gather parts for the 87 gt brake swap also 4 lug.

Have a good one.
    Joe E.
    its masking tape, not sure what cloth your talking about. i put that 3 inch wide masking tape accross the entire wheel, then took a razor blade and carefully cut the tape away from the insets that i wanted black. i then used the cut out pieces and put them behind the insets so i didnt get paint on the inside of the wheel, thats probably why its hard to figure out.

i actually used rustoleum primer and sanded it lightly, then used rustoleum semi-flat black.
    85 STANG GT

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple
    I never knew there were(are?) 4-lug versions of that rim available! Any info or history? Are they still available? thanks in advance!

P.S. they look good on your car.... But, chrome would look better with the black paint too me..
    actually i have no idea where they came from originally, neither does the guy i bought them from (ebay) he bought a car with them on there already.

thanks your right, i think theyd look better chromed with black insets.
    85 STANG GT

84gt86svo

AFS (Autumn Fleet Specialties or something to that effect) sells four lug versions of most of the later Mustang wheels. They are reproductions and AFS sells them with four or five lugs.

OK woody. Yeah it looked like gauze or something over the rim. Just my goofy arse eyes. lol

I have been tinkerin with my wheels but I just can seem to find a good line to color from. You wheels have perfect design lines to go with. My are not so nice. Im workin on it tho. Thanks for the info on everything. Keep up the good work with that car!
    Joe E.

has anyone thought about tryin a set of the 06 GT500 wheels on a 4Id? I saw a ad in MM&FF that said 4 lug, chrome, reproduction GT500 wheels. I think it just might look good!

Evan

those wheels look great. and the black looks killer

been thinking about doing this on my pony wheels, but i have no idea what ponys will look like with black.

thanks for the great pics

Evan