Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    New User

I am gonna get the addl info from him. I cant find any tag by the rad support and the door sticker is not readable
    I will post up the full info when I get it. I am surprised there were not more made witht e paint/int/options this one has.
    O just bought the car and had a chance to put the car on my lift. Its really clean for a midwest car. I am gonna have fun putting this one back to the way it should be with my son. Its not a MAJOR deal and will look great
    84 1/2 Mustang GT. vert bone stock
    92 Mustang GT. 800 plus RWHP street car
    86 F 250 4X4 Bigblock
    04 Eddie Bauer Expedition Tow vehicle

Default '86 Hatch Info Numbers

My Tang is a '86 GT, 5 speed, 3.08 gears, Dark Grey ext 1D, PD Interior Red cloth, 1 of 938 made, build date 9-30-86, with a S code of O...sunroof.

I live in central Illinois and am looking for another Mustang.
    Marine Colonel Leroy Hunt: "Our country expects nothing but victory from us and it shall have just that. The word failure should not even be considered as a word in our vocabulary."
    SEMPER FI!!!

Default Re: '86 Hatch Info Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Greentang
    ...with an S code of O...sunroof.
    C = sunroof
    D = T-roof
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Fox..........I stand corrected. It is a C, not real readable looked like a O.

Thanks!!
    Marine Colonel Leroy Hunt: "Our country expects nothing but victory from us and it shall have just that. The word failure should not even be considered as a word in our vocabulary."
    SEMPER FI!!!

Default Re: '86 Hatch Info Numbers

...build date 9-30-86...
    Anyone else catch that? That is the last day the '86 Model year rolled off the assembly line. As I understand it, the '87s had been rolling off the line for about two weeks at that point. Out of curiosity, how does the VIN fit in the sequence?
    NASA Rocky Mountain
    HPDE Group Leader and CMC Racer

I would like to know that also. I am new to the EFI ranks. I am an old, 58 years, LOL, carbed man. How do I find out if mine may have some '87 "parts" or if it is "all '86, esp. in EFI area?

Sorry to get off thread , but need help and don't know how to start new thread.
    SEMPER FI!!!

I would like to know that also. I am new to the EFI ranks. I am an old, 58 years, LOL, carbed man. How do I find out if mine may have some '87 "parts" or if it is "all '86, esp. in EFI area?

Sorry to get off thread , but need help and don't know how to start new thread.
    Disassemble things and look for Casting numbers and dates for one. Everything should be like 2 weeks before the build date. So even if it's a 1987 part but manufactured 2 weeks prior to your build date, it was probably put on at the factory and is not something somebody put on later.

Other than that, post a question in the mods/mechanical section. Something like "Need Visual differences between a 1986 GT engine bay and 1987 GT engine bay".

I'm sure you will get some info.

-Mike

Capri GS - Motorsport
    Oxford White w/XP trim
    Grey cloth sport interior w/red trim
    5.0 w/ 5 -Speed
    solid roof
    no options
    1 of 1 built*
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

Talk about bad timing.. ..I used the link in this thread to get my car's info twice last week...never got an email. Try to access it today and I get a "Site Under Construction until 2007" at the home address...any other alternative?....or is it a setting problem from my side?.
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops
    WIP: 3.90 Gears (Motive Perf.), LS Overhaul, Adj. LCA's & UCA's (Granatelli), Subframe Connectors (MM), Torque Box Plates (Competition Eng.) and T-Top weatherstriping and rear braces bodywork

Looks like bad news to me.
    NASA Rocky Mountain
    HPDE Group Leader and CMC Racer

This is mine.............

Fox bodied cars rules, and if it had a bubbleback it rules more!

www.cardomain.com/id/burbuja83

how do i find this stuff out?
    91 Thunderbird SC../ Supercharged / polished SC wheels / FOR SALE

looking for 5.0 mustang in ohio..

86 Mustang 302 V8 / 5 Speed / FFRP Headers / Cobra R Wheels / 4:10 Posi / Striped Tail Lights / KC Clutch / Custom LX Rear Spoiler Molded To Fit Our Vert / Sony Speakers & Headunit.

76 Cobra fastback 2+2...been in the family for 24 years.

From what I've heard Stew is out of the VIN decoding business.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

o ok.....

btw....you have alot of cars....i had to be you when its time to re tag them
    91 Thunderbird SC../ Supercharged / polished SC wheels / FOR SALE

looking for 5.0 mustang in ohio..

86 Mustang 302 V8 / 5 Speed / FFRP Headers / Cobra R Wheels / 4:10 Posi / Striped Tail Lights / KC Clutch / Custom LX Rear Spoiler Molded To Fit Our Vert / Sony Speakers & Headunit.

76 Cobra fastback 2+2...been in the family for 24 years.

1 of 574. '85 GT 'Vert, 5.O HO carb'd, 5 speed, Jalapeno Red, Charcoal int., Black top
    '85 Mustang GT Convertible, Jalapeno Red, Charcoal Int., Black Top, 5.0 H.O., 4 bbl , 5 speed, No AC, All original except for 8.8 Motorsport rr w/3.55 gears & subframe connectors. Owned since 'August 86. 1 of 574.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

So does anyone know what ever happened to Stew? Last I tried his website, it was totally gone (www.thirdgenerationnewsandbeyond.com). I thought he was going to put it back on-line in 2007??

what do i click on at the third generation and beyond site as there is alot of links? i'm new to this club and even newer in the mustang category. any help would be nice. i got a bastard mustang. love the car just parts are hard........1986 droptop lx with the 3.8 originally i believe it was the light regatta blue,light blue interior. anyone who can help me it would be appreciated. long live the 4 eyes as they are the best looking of the foxes.thanks

lmk also
    1985 mustang gt t-tops 5 speed every option sikkens rio red from a 1997 cobra

Forgive me for possibly sounding stupid but I tried the info link and it didnt seem to be the right site. Maybe someone out there can help me. I have a 86 black notchback 5.0 5spd, crank windows, non ssp with very low miles and was wondering how many were built. Its a very very nice original car and I plan on keeping it so I was just wondering if anyone has any info or were I can get some....Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGEK View Post
    Forgive me for possibly sounding stupid but I tried the info link and it didnt seem to be the right site. Maybe someone out there can help me. I have a 86 black notchback 5.0 5spd, crank windows, non ssp with very low miles and was wondering how many were built. Its a very very nice original car and I plan on keeping it so I was just wondering if anyone has any info or were I can get some....Thanks
    Stew Jones looks to be out of this business now.

The only production numbers we have on 86 cars:
    1C Black 5.0 Hatchback = 544 (from Fox Recognition Guide)

(Sessler)
    Notch: 83,774
    All LX 5.0: 6,674

-Mike

Is there another way of finding out when or where my car was built, and how many was made?
    Stephen Johnson
    SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
    National Record Holder 9.49 @ 139mph
    1985 Mustang daily driver
    10.88mph 125mph N/A 337

Quote Originally Posted by 1Quik85GT View Post
    Is there another way of finding out when or where my car was built, and how many was made?
    Not yet. Marti from Marti Autoworks will have that info available at some point. Give it 3-4 years.

-Mike

Is there another way of finding out ... where my car was built, ... ?
    The second character in your 11-character VIN (-'81) or the eleventh character in your 17-character VIN ('82-) will tell you where the car was built.

F = Dearborn, MI Assembly Plant (DAP)
    R = San Jose, CA Assembly Plant (which was actually in Milpitas, CA)

Besides the "Mexican Mustang" built in Mexico (per Mexico law), DAP was the ONLY place '82-'04 Mustangs and '82-'86 Capris were built.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 01-02-2008 at 09:50 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I cleaned off sone of the original undercoating in the engine compartment on my car and underneath found a paint mark with a date code.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast