Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    No, in the '83 and '84 models years, the 'Sport' seats were available in all models except the L series. (They were standard in the SVO.)
    Now my brain hurts. I'm asking these Qs because of this thread, where I finally discovered someone that has a 2A exterior with a grey interior.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...536#post951536

Is there a difference between these codes then, other than the seats?
    HA - Charcoal Cloth (Sport Performance)
    PA - Charcoal Cloth (Articulated Sport)

And more importantly, does anyone have examples of the seats used for these 2 codes? My car didn't have the original seats when I bought it (it had later model seats) so I'm very curious what my originals actually looked like. Thanks guys!
    Rob

1984 GT Convertible: Born November 1983 so it has slapper bars and no fog lights. Has DSO 89 (Transportation Services) and later sold to a Ford VP of Finance in Palo Alto, CA. Medium Canyon Red Exterior, Charcoal Interior, 5.0, 5-speed, power windows and doors, and 85k miles.

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/?start=all

Anyone have any other ideas or individuals who can help out with build dates and other info.

Thanks.
    FOLLOW MY RESTORATION ON INSTAGRAM @302_much

1986 Mustang GT Hatchback
    Tan interior, 151,000 miles, acquired in March 1988, cold air intake, Bondurant Racing H pipe with built in bullet mufflers where cats should be, MAC shorty headers, pro 5.0 shifter, slotted front rotors, cobra wheels, chrome strut tower, white face gauges and more to come. Complete restoration in progress started September 2020.

I know its an old thread, but it got me interested. I found a little site that sort of puts the numbers together. My car, however, seems to have numbers that dont add up. I will link it here and maybe one of the pros or more knowledgeable members can put it to the test.

http://www.sb.net/wkeller/mustangs-faq/part-2.html

I just looked at the date on it and its old, but the link works. I hope it gives some useful info.

I found my reply from Stew from years ago. This is what he said about my 1986 Mustang GT Hatchback, Black exterior with Saddle/Tan interior.

yours was built on 7-9-1986 ext=1c int-py combined there were 392 made just like yours. Stew
    FOLLOW MY RESTORATION ON INSTAGRAM @302_much

1986 Mustang GT Hatchback
    Tan interior, 151,000 miles, acquired in March 1988, cold air intake, Bondurant Racing H pipe with built in bullet mufflers where cats should be, MAC shorty headers, pro 5.0 shifter, slotted front rotors, cobra wheels, chrome strut tower, white face gauges and more to come. Complete restoration in progress started September 2020.

hello fox. my 85 gt is med charcoal met 1b with 9a int solid roof, manual cranks and locks. premo sound. manual trans where do i fit in ya think? i can get v.c. and buck tag info for you also but would love some info kinda a factory hot rod

spanky8185

Default tyring to find the correct web page

okay heres the deal im trying to find out more about my 85 mustang heres what i know
    1985 LX
    CONVERTABLE
    AUTO trans
    5.0 V8
    A/C (ice cold STILL)
    WHITE TOP
    WHITE LEATHER SEATS/W GREY CARPET
    ALL ORIGINAL WITH 84,XXX MILES ON HER
    if any one can help out it would be greatly appriciated

The number of '85 5.0L convertible VINs I have is 7,101 (LX and GT combined, all exterior and interior colors, and all transmissions).

Stew Jones would have, and Terry McCoy probably will, tell you it's 6,989. The Foxbody Mustang Recognition Guide and the Mustang Red Book (both written by Peter Sessler, who gives credit to Third Gen. News & Beyond aka Stew Jones) will also tell you it's 6,989.

Default Marti Reports

Got this response when I did not recieve my Eminger Report for my 85 Mustang CVT on August 27th 2010.... :-(

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate the factory original invoice
    for your 1985 Mustang GT Convertible. Please continue to visit our website as we hope to have the 1980's production information available (Marti Report) sometime early next year.

Thank you,
    Marlene

85GT302

**7,101 LX & GT CVT's, Will have to wait till Kevin gets his Database in order and releases the Actual Production Numbers... I wonder how many of these Convertible were used in Crash Testing?

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

I'm in the same boat as you, let me know if you hear anything more. I would like my marti and window sticker. I already have the original Ford Invoice.
    My car is a late black on black with gray cloth interior. 4V, no ac, no power windows, no rear defroster, but premium sound, locks, and cruise. Should be interesting how unusual this special order combo may be. I also have the optional rear gear ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT302 View Post
    Got this response when I did not recieve my Eminger Report for my 85 Mustang CVT on August 27th 2010.... :-(

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate the factory original invoice
    for your 1985 Mustang GT Convertible. Please continue to visit our website as we hope to have the 1980's production information available (Marti Report) sometime early next year.

Thank you,
    Marlene

85GT302

**7,101 LX & GT CVT's, Will have to wait till Kevin gets his Database in order and releases the Actual Production Numbers... I wonder how many of these Convertible were used in Crash Testing?
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 02-26-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: added missing [ for quote

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456