Close

Thread: 84 rs turbo

tpruitt

Default 84 rs turbo

i recently purchased what i believe is an 84 rs turbo. i have the build sheet, and buck tag. after reading all the posts on this forum, it appears to be real. my question is this, all your info says the car should me gray? it was gray, but oxidized, so i rubbed it out, and through, to a beautiful black underneath. build sheet says 9w/1e for exterior paint/ accent. any ideas on the black? portions of the original graphic/stripe were present on outside. thanks for help.

Blog Entries

Pictures would help. I'd also like to know the condition of the car. I had to have one shipped from Georgia to get my hands on one. Yours would be the 3rd 84 Turbo RS I know of in AZ. There's mine, one in the north valley up here (haven't seen it, last I knew it was in pieces, I think) and now yours.

With regards to the paint underneath...a lot can happen to a car in 20+ years. My 84 Turbo RS has been the unfortunate recipient of a bad repaint, and more, previous to my owning it.

Looking forward to getting to know about your car!

Welcome.

We'd all like to see pictures of your car along with pictures or the information on the buck tags, door tags, and build sheet.
    NASA Rocky Mountain
    HPDE Group Leader and CMC Racer

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by MHISSTC
    Welcome.

We'd all like to see pictures of your car along with pictures or the information on the buck tags, door tags, and build sheet.
    KYLE
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

9w = Dark Charcola Metallic (top)
    1e = silver metallic bottom

Keep rubbing. There is some Charcoal color under there.

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Liter...ctsBook_07.jpg

The product books, dealer price guides, etc all say it has Dark Charcoal paint.

tpruitt

Default 84 rs turbo

yeah, i know they can go through several repaints, especially in arizona. i am hoping the black is actually the dark charcoal metallic, instead of the lighter color being the correct one. the car is complete, and straight, just dirty, and all the items that can rot in 110 degree wx are rotted...i.e. interior, rubber, paint... the buck tag reads as follows;
    capri
    604990 61d w 045?
    9w rs df st
    06 hb s
    trs pw mbw 04
    electric-a ei nlr
    the vin is; 1mebp79w3ef604990
    the build sheet is too long, i will find someone who can scan it for me. i have digital photos of the car in current state, but have to figure out how to put on this forum.

Blog Entries

http://www.foureyedpride.com/phpBB2/...pic.php?t=3203 <== how to post pics. Also has a link to uploading images in your personal album on this site.

Here's my Turbo RS's buck tag, if you'd like to compare:

And mine is in the second row of this album:

http://www.foureyedpride.com/phpBB2/...t.php?cat_id=7

I am glad to see that some of these cars have survived...unfortunately it is seemingly a minority. The years have not been kind to these low-production cars.

tpruitt

Default 84 rs turbo

thanks for the replies. and the picture of the buck tag, and of your rs turbo definitely help. i've had 5.0ls before, but this will be my first foray into the world of the little 2.3 turbo. i'm sure i will have plenty of questions, and i will try and get some photos of the car uploaded soon.