Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lightbulb

Good to hear from you Rob. I am one of the 4 proud owners of this wing. It is a great piece and love it. A major improvement over the ASC "sponge" piece. I am still needing the clips, but it's not like I'm missing them right now, since the car is still getting a major "body make-over". Anyway Rob, I have moved, so when you do have the clips to ship me, let me know so I can give you my new address. Thanks...
    ~Scott

~1979 RS, 396 Stroker Windsor, Tremec, 3.55 8.8, big brakes, 6-point cage. Way too much to list!
    ~1985 GPIV, under restoration...
    ~1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco w/ minor mods.
    ~2006 Yamaha R1. Stock, and the fastest vehicle in my garage!

hey scott,
    hows the 85 motorsport capri resto coming along?
    j
    1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry
    Official Pace Car of the Mercury Motor City 100 - Grand Prix IV

www.Motorsportcapri.com

Default 85 GPIV Resto

Hi J,

The restoration is going well. It is taking a long time, but things are progressing. I have been buying parts from junk yards and E-bay over the last two years. The car has been in the body shop for about 6 months. It has some major rust! All the floorboards are being replaced, as well as all fenders, both doors and both rocker panels. So, needless to say, it is in a major state or teardown at the moment. It's basically a bare frame right now that is being cut apart and welded back together! Doubt it's going to make the Woodward Cruise this summer. Maybe 2008? Thanks for checking in...
    ~Scott

~1979 RS, 396 Stroker Windsor, Tremec, 3.55 8.8, big brakes, 6-point cage. Way too much to list!
    ~1985 GPIV, under restoration...
    ~1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco w/ minor mods.
    ~2006 Yamaha R1. Stock, and the fastest vehicle in my garage!

I know you're not waiting to make them because you want to Rob, hope everything gets better. And when you can take orders again, I know I'm in for a pair.
    85 Capri 5.0 5-speed

Is there any hope of more wings being made? I'm down for one, as I am sure many others are
    87 Soarer//1jzgte//r154//bw 83-75

I'm still holding out hope against hope.
    85 Capri 5.0 5-speed

Neither here nor there

When I shake the Magic 8 Ball it comes up with this

• Last Activity: 05-24-2007

Not a good sign

FEP Power Member

Bummer
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Maybe he would sell ME the molds and I could make them.

FEP Senior Member blackmagicman's Avatar

i need one.
    current stable:1981 blackmagic capri gt40 crate engine 5spd 12.7@109mph.150 shot nos gt40 heads 3.55 gears
    1981 blackmagic capri 2.3 liter 5spd project car goin turbo , daily driver 2004 chevy silverado 4x4

There is a guy on Maverick.to who makes Grabber hoods, fender extensions, spoilers, etc out of CF. I think he does glass too. If anybody would be willing make them, he might, as Maverick stuff is very low volume as well. I may PM him and see if he would be willing to make some. Of course we would still need a wing to make molds from...
    87 Soarer//1jzgte//r154//bw 83-75

I am back from the dead sort of. Most of my "issues" are behind me now.

I have tried to start making the wings again but I am having problems getting it done reasonably. I will throw this out to any one.

A.) does any one who lives reasonably close (I am in cincinnati) do good glass work inexpensively or

B.) If someone is serious and makes me a serious offer. I will sell the mold with detailed instructions and technical help from the man who made it for me.

Keep in mind it is a multi piece mold and is not for a beginner. I would do it myself but I do not want to risk damaging the mold. I am not good enough at fiberglass yet. It was not cheap and would be hard to replace.

There are alot of you who want one of these. I know this and want to get it done. This has gone on too long on my end and I want to make something happen.

Thanks
    Rob
    presenty w/o a foureye

I would certainly be interested in one as well.
    '85 ASC McLaren coupe
    EFI conversion
    Twisted Wedge heads, etc...
    13.2@105

Whatever happens, put me down for 2.

Rob, Give me a call. As an engineer, back in the early 80's I did a ton of GFRP work making my own molds etc. I live about 1 1/2 hr. from you. Might be able to help. Also might be interested in buying the molds. I will PM you my phone#
    '67 Shelby GT500 428 4spd. (owned for 32yrs. SOLD 11/26/2011. A sad day $$$$. Pics in my album!

'83 Capri 5.0 4spd. ASC McLaren Sport Pkg.(1983 Indy 500 Speed Week Motorcraft sponsored parade car) Original paint. Pics in my album! (SOLD 11/11/2017)

'79 Capri RS 5.0 52,000mi. Total molestation! (1300 man/hrs.) Build Pics in 3 albums!

put me down for 1...if your still going to make em

I sure hope something works out on these wings. It is my personal opinion that all bubble back capri's should have recieved this wing. I makes a world of difference in the looks of the rear of the car.
    1982 Mustang GT

I have someone who is going to help me with the wing now. How ever, he lives 1 1/2 hours from me and with our work schedules. It will take time.

There are two people I owe clips to. I have pm'ed one of you. Will the other please contact me at madmax1@fuse.net. Do not contact me if you want to buy clips. I have none for sale at this time. I will post when I do.

Also I am selling "my" wing I have been keeping for myself. If you are interested, contact me at madmax1@fuse.net. It will cost more than the original price.

Thanks
    Rob
    presenty w/o a foureye

Glad to see there's still some hope alive for these!
    85 Capri 5.0 5-speed

FEP Member

I think the the Mclaren wing is the only way a bubble truely looks good...

My sister has one on here 84 RS, My 84 does not hers looks much better...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123