The power windows on my 85 Gt are acting up and I'm not quite sure how to fix them. Problem was initially that the power window switch on the driver's side would only work when the door was closed, now its quit working completly. I know its not the window motor since the pass. side window switch and window continues to work. I've also eliminated the switches since I switched those out with a set that I knew to be good.

I yanked off the door panel the other day to get a closer look. Which wires in the harness are the power wires, which is ground, etc? I'm guessing that somewhere in the wiring harness theres either a short to ground or possibly the door wires arn't getting power.

How do I test this? I've got a meter, but I'm not sure how to go about finding the problem. I'm guessing that maybe there is a damaged wire somewhere in the rubber boot that connects the door to the body of the car, but I don't see how I can remove that without pulling the door as well. Any Ideas?

Also, I pulled the driver's side kickpanel to have a look in there, and found that previously someone had installed an aftermarket alarm that was somewhat disconnected--does anyone have a stock wiring diagram for this so I can try to put the wiring harness back to the way its supposed to be?

Thanks in Advance guys...