Close

Thread: need help asap

Default need help asap

will a 93 gt without any molding look ok on a 85 ? i got a good deal on a door and want to know if the door under the molding looks the same as the 85 if its diff will it look out of place? im trading a ford probe gt for a cobra disk brake 8.8 rear and 93 gt door,a spair 5.0 motor pretty much complete.all upgraded brake parts good deal ey?the probe is ok lots of miles he is getting the better of the deal but this is everything i need for my mustang to be done

Default Re: need help asap

Quote Originally Posted by 85saleencoupe
    will a 93 gt without any molding look ok on a 85 ?
    You mean the door?
    Joe E.

The door will fit fine. If you like (and I recommend) you can take the outer rubber moulding off the door and replace it with the one from you 85 door, this way, your mouldings will match up and it won't look out of place. Also, you will have to change the interior door panel to match the rest of your car, again, just take the one off your old door. Hope this helps.

Calon
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Don't forget moving the mirror too.

Is your door power or manual and is the new one power or manual?

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 85 Notchback
    The door will fit fine. If you like (and I recommend) you can take the outer rubber moulding off the door and replace it with the one from you 85 door, this way, your mouldings will match up and it won't look out of place. Also, you will have to change the interior door panel to match the rest of your car, again, just take the one off your old door. Hope this helps.

Calon
    that will help alot thanks alot bro

Quote Originally Posted by negusm
    Don't forget moving the mirror too.

Is your door power or manual and is the new one power or manual?

-Mike
    im going from a manual door and window to a power window so i will prolly use the manual crank and put that into the 93 door you can do that with these right other wise i will look for a black or grey door panel the important part now is to get the door on so i can paint this thing

I don't know what the difference is between manual vs power...but I assume you can swap it over but I don't know how much you have to swap. I would pop the door panels and take a look at the two mechanisms.

Report back what you find as I have heard people swapping doors but I do not know how much of the innerds they have to swap to do it.

-Mike

yea i will let ya know it will be a bit before i even bother with it i just need to slap the door on first and get the car painted

Quote Originally Posted by negusm
    I don't know what the difference is between manual vs power...but I assume you can swap it over but I don't know how much you have to swap. I would pop the door panels and take a look at the two mechanisms.

Report back what you find as I have heard people swapping doors but I do not know how much of the innerds they have to swap to do it.

-Mike
    I swapped my manual windows out for power. You only need to do 2 things.

1. Drill or grind out the 2 rivets holding the window arm in. And swap it out, for whichever setup you want. Ie. If you're swapping to manual windows FROM power, you need to take the manual window arm and put it in the door you are converting.

2. If you are converting to power windows, you have to mount the motor. If you are converting to manual, you have to remove the motor.

In most cases the connector for the power windows should be inside the door, even if you have factory manual windows. I know mine had it atleast. That's pretty much everything that's involved in converting Power/Manual, or Manual/Power.

Calon
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)