Close

Default total geek question

I need to know how wide the depression is in the beltline moulding on a 83-84 mustang.
    I am thinking of a styling cue with scothchlite
    83 Mustang GLX conv (in sonic blue)4.3/SC -coming soon! "Project Baby"
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Limousine, Crafted by American Custom Coach Works- "Project Bertha"

proud member:
    10 Hole Mafia
    Anti-cowl club
    Bent Six Bastards, lol

It is approximately .75". How's the vert coming along?
    Rob.
    1985 GT 4V H.O. Work in progress, off and on, since December '87. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/606903/1

FEP Senior Member

Just measured it on my stock '84 and it' 3/4".
    Rob

1984 GT Convertible: Born November 1983 so it has slapper bars and no fog lights. Has DSO 89 (Transportation Services) and later sold to a Ford VP of Finance in Palo Alto, CA. Medium Canyon Red Exterior, Charcoal Interior, 5.0, 5-speed, power windows and doors, and 85k miles.

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/?start=all

Default geek Q?

thanks for the replys, 3/4 inch it is. by the way mum, it got painted today (friday) saw it thru the shop window (he was closed) looks kick butt.

by the way, how does gold scotch lite around perimeter (in the depression of moulding) with golden chrome emblems on a blue white conv?
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Limousine, Crafted by American Custom Coach Works- "Project Bertha"

proud member:
    10 Hole Mafia
    Anti-cowl club
    Bent Six Bastards, lol

Awesome, I can't wait to see some pics. I forgot what color you were having it painted. The gold around the beltline should look good depending on the rest of the car. I should be getting mine painted in April sometime.
    Rob.
    1985 GT 4V H.O. Work in progress, off and on, since December '87. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/606903/1

Default color?

hey 84GTragtop what color is your interior? how bout yours mum?

proud member:
    10 Hole Mafia
    Anti-cowl club
    Bent Six Bastards, lol

My interior is grey.
    Rob.

FEP Senior Member

Mine's charcoal too. plstktnkr2, your Signature looks like you own a used Ford car lot!!

I keep meaning to get a Cardomain page registered and linked up to but keep finding so many other things to do on my 'vert and haven't gotten around to just taking pix of it yet. Tomorrow my newly re-upholstered 'vert seats go in and replace the h/b seats in it now -- can't wait!!

Mum, I'm also a Rob... spooky.

Rob
    Rob

1984 GT Convertible: Born November 1983 so it has slapper bars and no fog lights. Has DSO 89 (Transportation Services) and later sold to a Ford VP of Finance in Palo Alto, CA. Medium Canyon Red Exterior, Charcoal Interior, 5.0, 5-speed, power windows and doors, and 85k miles.

plstktnkr2,
    I take it you will be getting your car Monday. I'll have to watch out for you on Yahoo next week. So did you get the house of color 1/64th sea blue paint?

Rob,
    How long have you had your car?

Rob.

Default paint

My color is sonic blue with a PPG product called "Prizmitique" added to it , the HOK paint was too heavy on the wallet and body shop didnt want to do the job and I said F-it just paint the dam thing (these people have done the last car from me I am changing shops after this, as he has had my car almost a year)

proud member:
    10 Hole Mafia
    Anti-cowl club
    Bent Six Bastards, lol

FEP Senior Member

I bought mine last August from the 2nd owner, whose parents knew the Ford VP that bought it new. It's got an 89 DSO and coolest of all cool things, I found a box of this VP's business cards in the 'vert storage well when I was detailing it.

How long have you guys had yours? What have been your major headaches and joys of four-eyed ownership?

My headache is the carb needing rebuilt - got a bad hesitation every once in a while when taking off. Likely the accelerator pump since carb is 21yrs old now!!

Biggest joy is the constant tinkering of small things like detailing the console, engine bay, stripping and polishing the 10-holes (still gotta do the TRXs), putting the new seats in, and the pleasure of top-down driving.

First Fox I've owned and love it - can't beat the power, looks, and options compared to the 65-73s, which I've always loved (worked in a resto shop for awhile).

Rob
    Rob

I've pretty much decided to keep my car some shade of Silver. After seeing your car I might change my mind again. I do love that color. I need to start on my mechanical projects so I can have my car painted next month. The weather is finally cooperating. Time to straighten out the garage and tear out the rear suspension so I can have it welded up. I may tackle the engine bay next. I may have an E303, a Stealth Manifold and my new Road Demon installed if I pull my engine to detail the bay.

Rob,
    I've had my car for over 18 years. I cannot say there are many headaches involved with ownership. Everyone used to want to race, which could be annoying at times. I did have an engine fire once after I rebuilt my carburetor. I couldn't get the fuel line to stay tight. My fault. Right now my problem is some rust.
    How far are you from Ontario, CA? Brad Urban's Carburetor Shop used to rebuild the Ford 4180C. I wanted to send mine in, but couldn't have my only transportation down and they couldn't locate a rebuildable core. I had a write-up on it in a PHR Magazine but cannot find it anymore. There is another article on the web about rebuilding them for power which appears to be pretty much the same thing. If I cannot find the link, I saved the article to a zip file.
    A Ford VP used to own your car. That's cool. I would hope he kept it well maintained.

Rob.

Travis T

Buy a quality rebuild kit, and do the carb yourself, it's not very difficult at all. Just don't buy a kit from a cheap parts store.

Default paint

Saw my car out in the daylight today and OMG that thang looks kick AZZ !!! that prizmatique makes that sonic blue sparkle but it's not as labor intensive as a whole flake job and the black accent moulding and headlight bezels look nice.

Pics as soon as possible

proud member:
    10 Hole Mafia
    Anti-cowl club
    Bent Six Bastards, lol

Sounds sweet, I cannot wait to see some pics. When do you get your car? What exactly is prizmatique?
    Rob.