Close

Default ARG! Someone abandoned an '87/'88 T-bird TC near my house...

Two doors down from where I live, an '87/'88 T-bird TC sat for a few days with the driverside window down, and a few days later, the hood sprung on it's secondary latch. Two days ago I noticed a remove or lose it ticket planted on the antenna. I hate it when people leave a good car like that for the authorities to tow away and junk.

If I knew who owned it I'd gladly make an offer.

It probably broke down and the guy couldn't afford to have it fixed...

Dean T
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

Banned

LOL Where is it exactly? I need a turbocoupe rear end!!! I'll come by and grab that thing!

Zak in Riverside

You should have looked inside it. There may have been a note on the steering wheel that said something along the lines of "Its broke. I dont want to fix it, again. The keys are in the glovebox, along with a signed title. Take it if you want it."
    -Zach
    '81 Zephyr Sedan: In pieces. Some at the garage, some under my bed, etc...

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebulk
    LOL Where is it exactly? I need a turbocoupe rear end!!! I'll come by and grab that thing!

Zak in Riverside
    You obviously do not go to the junkyards very often now do you? If you checked the Ecology off Riverside Ave once a week; I garuantee you will get your rear end withing four weeks!
    By the way, last weekend, there was a '90 'vert with a disc brake 5lug 355 posi 8.8 rear end that didn't get grabbed until yesterday!

You snooze.... You loose!
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

You could find out who owns it and such. Don't know how, seen people on the internet find out info on abandoned cars and such.
    No matter where you go, there you are

Banned

You obviously do not go to the junkyards very often now do you? If you checked the Ecology off Riverside Ave once a week; I garuantee you will get your rear end withing four weeks!
    Assumptions, assumptions

I just don't want to pay $100 on half-off day for that rear end ...

Assumptions, assumptions

You should be so lucky. They sell rear ends for $400 here in Florida.
    No matter where you go, there you are

Banned

LOL.

On half-off day, the junkyard is such a zoo, a million people there trying to get parts, my friends carefully sneak rear ends and tons of other stuff over the back wall. I'm too lazy to do that ! lol

Assumptions, assumptions

Ughhhhhhhh..... You won't find that rear end on a 1\2 off day; period.

You find the shorty equal length headers, Southside lower control arms, disc brake rear ends, mass air meters, 75MM BBK throttle bodies & spacers, & stuff like I have because you go there alot!

P.S. I picked up a '90 T5 this weekend out of that same car.... I would have grabbed the rear diff; but funds were kinda low at the time...
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Banned

hehehe ... let's not even talk about junkyard Gold

You find 83-86 140mph clusters, Hurst shifters, unequal length shorty headers, BBK catted hpipes, SN95 spindles, Konis shocks and struts, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS clutch quadrant kits, Superchips modules, 83 GT's converted to EFI/ mass-air, Borla mufflers, and not to mention RARE oem stuff ... because I go to the yard a lot lol.

I'm just trying to get a turbocoupe rear end as easy as possible. I found one this morning, I hid it in the Honda section where it will await the half-off day this weekend (my favorite trick).

Well! That explains why I can't find doodly when I go to the Pick-Your-Part yards! LOL.

Looked at the TC today and it looks like a terminally poor person owned it. It's mildly thrashed and it'll probably be gone tomorrow. I'm thinking of calling the local cops or the CHP (whoever has jurisdiction in a unincorporated area) to see which impound yard it's going to. Maybe I can put a bug in someone's ear I'd buy once the title gets released.

Then again, I have so many projects the last thing I need is another car!

Dean T

hehehe ... let's not even talk about junkyard Gold

You find 83-86 140mph clusters, Hurst shifters, unequal length shorty headers, BBK catted hpipes, SN95 spindles, Konis shocks and struts, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS clutch quadrant kits, Superchips modules, 83 GT's converted to EFI/ mass-air, Borla mufflers, and not to mention RARE oem stuff ... because I go to the yard a lot lol.

I'm just trying to get a turbocoupe rear end as easy as possible. I found one this morning, I hid it in the Honda section where it will await the half-off day this weekend (my favorite trick).
    Hmmmm...... Looks like I start to look through the import & truck sections a little bit more carefully now, don't I?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple
    Hmmmm...... Looks like I start to look through the import & truck sections a little bit more carefully now, don't I?
    Ahah I always do that & find parts that other people hid plus import stuff that goes for loot on eBay.

I found a T5 sitting in the trunk of a junker once. I bet the dude that hid it was pissed when he came back, LOL.

Once I found a Crown Vic cop car in the Chevy section. You know the yard guys did that on purpose, LOL. It was a shell by the time I found it though.

I found a pair of Koni shocks that way too. Too bad I can't figure out what application they're for. they looked very similar to what the '65 Mustangs used but the length and part numbers were wrong. I may try using them any way if I determined they won't bottom out before the rear suspension does.

Sometimes I find cool tachs or other parts that the imports use which could be adapted other vehicles.

Oh, the T-bird is gone and I haven't had the chance to call the CHP to find out anything about it - for obvious reasons!

Dean T

Default Re: ARG! Someone abandoned an '87/'88 T-bird TC near my hous

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_T
    Two days ago I noticed a remove or lose it ticket planted on the antenna. I hate it when people leave a good car like that for the authorities to tow away and junk.
    Sometimes they end up at auctions where suckers will pay $120 for one.

Ya, I know it's an '83. 4 lug drums, small turbo not worth much in parts.... but still. $120 for a TC.

In the impound lot....

In the driveway....

Always check your lugnuts when you buy an abandoned vehicle!!!

'86 GT 13.49 @ 104
    '83 Tbird TC 17.75 @ 78
    '05 Five Hundred AWD 16.95 @ 88