Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FEP Member

Yes you are correct about the difference in the cat heads.
    All cat heads before 83 have just the cat head (No circle around the head)
    '83 had a circle around the head.
    TLennyRS

My '83 has the circle around the cat head. What about the one on the front? I can't find any pictures to refer to.
    84 GT Turbo T-Top
    85 ASC McLaren 5.0 SC Convertible
    93 F-150 Lightning
    80 Fairmont wagon (460, C6, 8.
    70 Fairlane 500, 302, 3 on the tree
    67 E100 SuperVan, 240, 3 speed

Quote Originally Posted by ponydude
    My '83 has the circle around the cat head. What about the one on the front? I can't find any pictures to refer to.
    OK...I'm confused...what do you mean "in front"....I thought we were all talking about the cat heads on the front fenders...they are shown in the pictures in my post above.

-Mike

Default Cat Heads

ponydude, If I recall correctly, your car has the cat head already on it.

The heads that are being refered to are the pair that are on the left and right of your car on the upper part of your front bumper cover at the very front of the car.

I have a set of 83 NOS Cat heads that I would be happy to lend to someone if they would want to have a set made.

David
    82 Tan Mustang Coupe with 5.0 5 speed(For Sale)
    85 Black Saleen Mustang 85-99
    85 ASC McLaren Coupe
    86 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe

Coming Soon: Red 84 1/2 GT Convertible

toxic1venom

Default 1983 crimson cat info and 1981 black cat parts needed

Hey Guys,
    I dont know if this will help,but a high school buddy of mine had a 1983 crimson cat.It was a 5.0 5 speed car,and I remember it having the trx wheels on it but they had a chrome center cap with the cat head and wheels that were found on the early 80s t bird with the trx option(the outer spokes were polished aluminum but the inserts were gold.I was with him when he picked it up at the dealership.It didint have a ttop but it had a sunroof.I dont know if any of this information helps but I wanted to pass it along to you guys,good liuck on the restoration,I have a 1981 black cat,and I need some replacement trx wheels in gold with center caps,had a set bought in canada,had them shipped to here in Arkansas,but instead UPS looked at the state abbrev. and they went to alaska. AK instead of going to AR.so they got lost in alaska and were never found,so if anyone know of anys where abouts,email me gmn1@swbell.net or the correct color of gold and if they need base coat clear coat or just an enamel(automotive paint) PPG or Dupont and the color code so I can spray set of silver ones.Thanks guys .
    LT.Randall Nichols

86EuroCoupe

My Cat just got a new power plant thanks to SVT1996Cobra. The old engine was tired. It was the numbers matching engine for which I was surprised. This weekend I hope to get the correct rear end in the car. The Cat is in need of some help, but in time I hope to have it back to original as possible. In need of a set of CC rims if anyone knows how to locate a set.

Quote Originally Posted by 83 crimson cat
    My Cat just got a new power plant thanks to SVT1996Cobra. The old engine was tired. It was the numbers matching engine for which I was surprised. This weekend I hope to get the correct rear end in the car. The Cat is in need of some help, but in time I hope to have it back to original as possible. In need of a set of CC rims if anyone knows how to locate a set.
    Why not rebuild the original engine. You're very lucky you had it at all.

I'll never understand why people just toss their original motors. They are usually far from "tired". A ring job and some new bearings and the thing will run for 100k miles.

It definitely is a huge addition to the cars worth.

-Mike

86EuroCoupe

I did not toss the original. It is in my garage. I just needed to replace it so I could drive it. At the moment it is my only means of transportation. I plan on rebuilding the origanal. When we took the oil pan off there were pieces of cam bearing in the pan. SVT1996Cobra had an engine that he was not using and was kind enough to let me use it until I can get the original rebuilt.

I did not toss the original. It is in my garage. I just needed to replace it so I could drive it. At the moment it is my only means of transportation. I plan on rebuilding the origanal. When we took the oil pan off there were pieces of cam bearing in the pan. SVT1996Cobra had an engine that he was not using and was kind enough to let me use it until I can get the original rebuilt.
    Well, that is good. I guess it really was "tired".

I didn't mean to rant.

-Mike

Default Crimson cat

Mike,

You need to look at this a little different. Rich gathered every spare cent he had, to get this car. He has to drive it back and forth to work every day. It started making a noise, rather than drive the car until it would no longer run, we swapped the engine out, to save from any further damage. Now if something happens to the engine, the numbers correct block is safe. He can keep it in his garage until he is ready to restore the car, and enjoy the CC in the time being.

David
    82 Tan Mustang Coupe with 5.0 5 speed(For Sale)
    85 Black Saleen Mustang 85-99
    85 ASC McLaren Coupe
    86 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe

Coming Soon: Red 84 1/2 GT Convertible

Default Re: Crimson cat

Quote Originally Posted by svt1996cobra
    Mike,

You need to look at this a little different. Rich gathered every spare cent he had, to get this car. He has to drive it back and forth to work every day. It started making a noise, rather than drive the car until it would no longer ran, we swapped the engine out, to save from any further damage. Now if something happens to the engine, the numbers correct block is safe. He can keep it in his garage untill he is ready to restore the car, and enjoy the CC in the time being.

David
    I know. Thats the correct thing to do. I just see so many threads/auctions with people yanking and tossing their original engines when all they do is burn a little oil. What Ford v8 doesn't smoke a little?

Reminds me of the classic stangs...its all happening the same way all over again...

-Mike

86EuroCoupe

The Cat now has a new rear end. The previous owner stuck 3:73 gears in it and took the slapper bars off. I didnt like that. So with Dave doing most of the work it now has an 83 stock rear end. I am still in need of the slapper bar pads and I am still looking for the stock rims that came on a CC. If anyone can help me out with either one of those items that would be greatly appreciated.

The rims are cougar trx rims I believe. They shouldn't be too impossible to find.

Supposedly they were gold (but I have never seen them in gold yet), you can always have normal ones sent out to be plated just like people do chroming.

-Mike

1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

V6DR

Quote Originally Posted by negusm
    The rims are cougar trx rims I believe. They shouldn't be too impossible to find.

Supposedly they were gold (but I have never seen them in gold yet), you can always have normal ones sent out to be plated just like people do chroming.

-Mike
    the cougar/tbird trx wheels are totally different arent they?

Quote Originally Posted by V6DR
    Quote Originally Posted by negusm

-Mike
    the cougar/tbird trx wheels are totally different arent they?
    I just looked it up. The 1982 Cougar and Cougar XR7 has the same style wheels as an option as what came on the Crimson Cat. TRX only.

In 1983 the Cougar did not offer that style of wheel.

Here are the wheels:
    http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Liter...ctsBook_09.jpg

-Mike

86EuroCoupe

Thanks for letting me know about the pads on EBAY. They are now mine. Now all I need to do is find the rims. Thanks everyone. Let me know if you see a set of rims for sale. Rich

86EuroCoupe

Ray, I hear that you are going to sell the 79rs that you got from Dave that I used to own. Let me know how much you need for it. I just might want it back. If you arent selling it then great. I sure would like to know that it is going to a good home. I loved that car and it still has a bunch of memories for me. Let me know. Rich

86EuroCoupe

I have decided to sell the CAT. It is the typical story, need the cash. Asking 2500. for it. I wont have a four eye for awhile. If anyone is interested email me at Mercap79rs@aol.com.

Rich

I have decided to sell the CAT. It is the typical story, need the cash. Asking 2500. for it. I wont have a four eye for awhile. If anyone is interested email me at Mercap79rs@aol.com.

Rich
    Does it still have the Cobra engine in it?
    Robert

1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

86EuroCoupe

This car never had a cobra motor in it. It is a 302, five speed car. Posi rearend. Interior is decent and it runs down the road good. Another car I hate to get rid of but I must.

This car never had a cobra motor in it. It is a 302, five speed car.
    I guess that I was confused by this earlier post:

My Cat just got a new power plant thanks to SVT1996Cobra. The old engine was tired.
    Robert

1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

86EuroCoupe

I never said it was a cobra motor in any post. I just said it recieved a new power plant. SVT1996Cobra is who I recieved the engine from.

Sorry. My mistake. I thought that you were referring to a donor car, as opposed to a member's i.d.
    Robert

1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

86EuroCoupe

Sorry, reading back my response was rude. Just a bad couple of weeks. I cant get any interest in the CAT. Do not want to sell it on Ebay so I have decided to keep it. Winter is coming so I will try to improve on it when the snow flies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123