Close

Default Summit Mufflers?

Has anyone run summit turbo mufflers?

I need a pair for the exhaust on my grand marquis and if they'll work just as well as dynomax super turbo's I'll buy the summit ones.

Summit Performance Turbo Mufflers $14.75
    http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...4&autoview=sku
    -Matt
    2003 Focus SVT
    1968 Fairlane 500

I was gonna get some for my car, but it already had flowmasters. I read a magazine article where they dynoed an engine with the different mufflers and I think the Summits were some of the better ones.
    1986 SVO: turbo'd fun!
    SOLD:'82 MUSTANG GT: 88' HO, 5-spd, 3.73s, & 17" Borbet Type-A wheels... and other goodies
    RIP: '82 Mecury Capri 5.0 : good times.....
    1969 Chevrolet Chevelle: "the other four eye"

FEP Member

My 94 Lightning has those on it. The last owner knew I was buying it, the ones on it were too rusty for him to keep driving it at the time, so he threw those on it. They actually sound pretty good on the 351w, even with the cats still on it. Of course he used that cheap flexible piping to connect them to the orig tail pipes and that rusted off in 5mo, so they dump under the bed now and it sounds really mean

My neighbor put them on his 68 mustang. You get what you pay for is all I can say. Really quiet comparatively to Flowmasters.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Ask yourself.....Is it any of my business?

I just took a pair off of my car. They sounded pretty quiet with tail pipes and no cats. I cut the tail pipes off and just had dumps and didn't like the sound at all, resonated bad. Now I have the dynomax turbo's that go in and out on the same end with side exit tails and love the sound. Might be a tad loud for some cops though will have to wait and see.

Southern_Pride

A 91 marquis shouldnt need mufflers. Just tailpipes and youll barely hear it in the cabin. All mine has is cats and it aint too bad

FEP Member

i have them on my capri and i'm very happy with them. Keep in mind my capri has the fake dual exhaust set up and mainly lives on the freeway.
    I have them dump at the axle and they are not too loud, but sound good
    85 Black Capri RS TTop 5.0

eighty6gt

I have the 5.0 kit w/them, they sound great. A little glasspacky under load but I can live with it until I go to 3" w/straight through silencers. :O

FEP Member

I've got them on my '82, dumped, for the money I'm not complaining.
    1982 Mustang GT, one owner, purchased 7-25-04. Bone stock, 16.55@82 w/2.3 60', 48 hours after purchasing. Regretfully sold

My friend got the summit cat-back for his Mustang and regretted it. It looked totally ghetto. He replaced the mufflers and tailpipes with Dynomax and was much happier. The summit mufflers themselves seemed ok, in fact one of the two is now on another buddy's pickup and he loves it.

Before I ordered my Flowbastards several years ago I had the 2½ inch Summit turbo mufflers on my '88 GT. Offset inlet and offset outlet. They were very deep sounding with turndowns. The car was very tame at idle (bone stock at the time) and had that deep roaring rumble at throttle. Not a bad muffler. I'd use them again if I had to. Just really sucks that since they are universal they don't have any provisions for any hangers already on them.
    Helmut

FEP Member

yeh but its real easy to transfer the mounts from the old stockers to the nnew muffs, assuming the mounts are rusted out.
    85 Black Capri RS TTop 5.0