Close

Default Anybody here got an 83-86 Predator Cobra??

Anyone here have a pic or two of their personal 83-86 Predator made by Tom Solomon? For some reason I have gotten a peaked interest in these cars lately. One came up on e bay but it was not the color combo I liked. Not looking to buy, at the moment.

Predator

Hello,

I guess, i am the proud new owner of a 1984 Predator. I plan on picking the car up Sundaynight "late'". I will be posting pic's later next week. (I bought the one off of e-bay). Even if it turns out to be a fake (which I don't think it is) I still think I got a GOOD Deal. Any 1984 mustang with 38,000 miles on it, and looking good is worth $5000, i think.... I just hope it has the 841/2 mustang front end. (I had one in high school, twice)

Thank,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Predator
    Hello,

I guess, i am the proud new owner of a 1984 Predator. I plan on picking the car up Sundaynight "late'". I will be posting pic's later next week. (I bought the one off of e-bay). Even if it turns out to be a fake (which I don't think it is) I still think I got a GOOD Deal. Any 1984 mustang with 38,000 miles on it, and looking good is worth $5000, i think.... I just hope it has the 841/2 mustang front end. (I had one in high school, twice)

Thank,

Rick
    congrats! can't wait to see what it looks like!

Predator

Default Predator is home

Hello,

The Predator made it into the garage last night at midnight. I drove the car from Iowa to WI, total of 238 miles. The car only has 38,000 miles on it, but I thought it would do it some good to be driven. The car started out running fine, but after 20-30 miles it started to jerk (buck0 up hills. Then it started to miss real bad. I pulled it into a gas station, and checked, and found the number 6 spark plug wire, had fallen off!!! Ran smooth after that. But while I was at the gas station two Gt Mustangs pulled in. I had the hood up on my, getting fluids (which were fine), and one of the other drivers asked what i had under the hood. I explained to him what the mustang realy was, and him and his friends were amazed. I also topped off the fuel tank, because I was afraid the gauge was stuck on full. It only took 3.4 gallons to fill it (and we had gone about 100 miles). My Cobra with a 351W would of burned almost a full tank in that period (averages about 8 mpg) I calculated the mpg the rest of the way home, and I got an average of 22.6 mpg on the trip!!! Overall i think the mustang is in great shape for an origianl 84. It is completely stock exterior and interior. And I think the only things changed under the hood were maintence type things. I will be posting pic's later this week. there is a limit of only five pic's????

Thanks,

Predator

there is a limit of only five pic's?
    I believe that's just for the public album - you can put more in your personal album.

So far so good on the car... bring on the pics!
    Lee
    '79 Mustang Ghia 5.0 notch

You get 10 pics in your Personal Album. Sounds like you found a nice car.
    Rob.
    1985 GT 4V H.O. Work in progress, off and on, since December '87. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/606903/1

Bummer, Looks like this one fell off the earth. Please come back and post some pics

This car sounds like it was car number 0132, an '84 with ground effects. Red interior, Automatic. I've attached a picture. I'm not sure where the car is now.

Have you got a Predator XC?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Hi Chris,

I passed on buying the one I was talking about in 1988 after I totaled my 84GT350. I still want one though. Of course everything is up in the air now as we are thining of moving to Canada to be closer to my wife's family. I already have 4 vehicals to take if we go up north as I will not leave any of them behind. Been there done that twice. I had to leave a 79 RS in Cali, and I basicaly gave away 4 Fox bodies before we left Florida.

Lee

Looks like a repaint as all the emblems are missing. Does anyone still make the emblems? I know you can get the decals.