Close

Thread: My old 85gt

Default My old 85gt

I built this car from a shell with a pair of front seats, and thats about it. This was the first car I ever built a 5.0 EFI wiring harness for. I went to the junk yard and got about 5 4 pot harnesses, got several wiring books and built it from scratch, What a nightmare, I shouldve just bought a complete 86gt harness and been done with it, Supprisingly the car fired on the first turn of the key. I bought all the cobra suspension, a new set of genuine 93 cobra wheels from LRS when it wasnt even LRS yet, Had a nice little 302 with heads cam etc, car ran a 12.49 first pass out then got it down into the low 12,s. I sold the car minus the cobra stuff a week or so later. I took it out on slicks messing around on the street an lost controll of it smashing into a curb cracking one of my brand new cobra wheels that had just gone N/A and bent the k member and the body up where the frame meets the firewall. Too much damage for me to fix. The car was painted black with Nystic paint on the hood where the GT decal usualy is. $600 worth of paint on the hood alone just to ruin the car 2 weeks later.

Nice car... Any closer picts? id love to see em.
    Joe E.

this was the only pic I took, sucks cause sometimes you dont think your gonna sell a car then its just gone before you can get more pics. I have some as i was going thru the fix up process, gotta get them scanned and Ill post them. Car was a basket case before.