Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh right, the '85 has a 7.5" rear. I wouldn't bother changing gears in that rear. Get an 8.8 first.

Thats ok. Im keeping the 7.5 until I have a stang that puts alot mre power to the ground.

I talked to my mech buddy and hes good for the install. So now I just gotta collect the parts and get the car to him over hopefully during Xmas break. Any help on the carrier pin needing to be changed?

Thanks
    Joe E.

Try and round up a budget 8.8 with whatever gears make you happy in the pants. I've had 4 daily driver foxes, the fastest of which made ~300hp to the wheels, and my preference has always been for 3.55's. I've put tons of miles on 2.73's, 3.27's, 3.55's 3.73's and 4.10's. Cant really go wrong with either the 3.55 or 3.73...but the 3.73's seemed to put me up a lil too high in the powerband for my liking ( or my motors liking, if it aint modded out to breath well up there, whats the point )

Also I agree with the newer alternator. I'll be doing that soon as well for the same reason, a loud stereo. Good, loud music always makes me happy. Thats what my mustang is for, is to make me happy, yaknow
    No more 4eyes

Some crappy 90 HCI coupe for now.

who ever says long tubes are a waste of money...........i pitty the fool! yah you know who you are. second off if your concerned about the hi rpm's with 373's just put in a set of 355's you still have good snap. good luck with the project.
    take care of your four eye, there aren't alot of them left. but please drive them that's what they're made for.

Yeah I keep hearing people say there little difference between 3.55 and 3.73 RPMs. So I have decided to go 3.73s.

Im keeping my 7.5. I do have the need for anything larger. Thios car is never gonna get a 400 hp engine or anything crazy so Im sure i can get the rear to hold up fine.

Well, ttyl
    Thanks,
    Joe E.

save the $ and get the gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats exactly what Im doing
    Should I save some $$$ and get a set of used ford gears, or should I go and order new gears form FRPP or other gears? I know there are many co.s out there that sell 3.73s. Remember Im working with about $400. Any comments on new or used? Thanks
    Joe E.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12