Close

Capri50H.O.

Default windsheild wiper issue

well another electrical tweak in the Capri. I'm goin home the other night, I put the key in, turn the key, and here come on the wipers, I'm like shoot, the switch is on.....NOPE. So bastard car...... Anyone ever had this happen? I can't find the swith for em, I think i'd be outta luck too, I got the nice intermitent switched wipers so hopefully its a short or somethin. Anhywho laters fellas.

Default Re: windsheild wiper issue

Quote Originally Posted by Capri50H.O.
    well another electrical tweak in the Capri. I'm goin home the other night, I put the key in, turn the key, and here come on the wipers, I'm like shoot, the switch is on.....NOPE. So bastard car...... Anyone ever had this happen? I can't find the swith for em, I think i'd be outta luck too, I got the nice intermitent switched wipers so hopefully its a short or somethin. Anhywho laters fellas.
    LOL Between you and me and our electrical gremlins, I dunno!

THIS one I do have experience with - at least in MY particular case it ended up being the intermittent box under the dash to the left of the column. Had apparently pickup up some moisture inside - let it dry out, reinstalled it and worked fine.

my 85gts wipers do the same kinda stuff. Except the wiper wont come on at all. I slapped the hell outa my dash and they started workin again. Sounds like the intermittent (?) box is kinda touchy. Is this a widespred problem?
    Joe E.

your in calironia why yu need windsheild wipers for? LOl check the power connections on your ignition switch. ANd check the wires at the intermittent box. You will most likely find your problem in one of those two spots.
    84 Mustang GT, 91 roller motor,Gt40 heads, vic jr intake, quickfuel 650 carb, MSD ignition, TFS stage 1 cam, 3.73gears in 8.8, rear disc conversion, some nitrous.

Capri50H.O.

80Ghia your the man, that little box was the problem, I jacked the one from that 84' thats sittin here..... anywho, thanks a bunch. Jose